shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon or Mark?? Pls help me decide!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Star101

Rough_Rock
Hi
35.gif

Some of you may recall my earlier thread where I couldn't decide between rounds and cushions. Well I've decided to go for a H&A RB diamond for e-ring and get a chunky GOG cushion later on down the road as a RHR ring. That way I'll have the best of both worlds.
9.gif

I haven't bought the diamond yet but I'm looking to get just under a carat. Probably .8. My ring size is 3.5 or just a tad bit smaller.

Here comes the difficult part.... I am now torn between two settings. I love the Classic Solitaire by Leon Mege especially those double claw prongs
30.gif
but I also adore the Petite Sunburst by Mark Morrell... What should a girl do?
33.gif
33.gif

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated
4.gif

ETA: this is Leon's solitaire http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=350
and here is Mark's http://www.mwmjewelry.com/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
on a .8 I''d go for the Leon.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tough choice, but in this case, I''d go with the MM.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Um. Um. Geez. They''re both gorgeous.

I''m a sucker for the leon claw prongs though, so probably the Leon.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh, tough choice! both are equally as beautiful. personally, the classic Leon would have a slight edge for me...but you can''t go wrong with either of them.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the stone is from GOG, they carry MM rings and can set them, I would go with MM.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it would be MM.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mark for a stone of that size.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
They''re both gorgeous! But I would go for MM!

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Leon...I''m having my 0.6ct round set in a Leon solitaire as we speak so I am a bit biased
1.gif

Star101

Rough_Rock
Hmmm so MM has more votes so far! Jeg have u gone for the Classic Solitaire setting and is it with single or double prongs?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Um...those are two of my favorite settings ever
1.gif
I prefer four-prongs so I personally would go with the Leon- do you have a preference between 4 and 6 prongs? If not, then I suggest getting the Petite Torchiere now, and getting the Leon classic setting for your chunky cushion RHR later down the road
2.gif

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Hi Star!
I''m getting the classic solitaire without the cathedral and with single claw prongs...can''t wait
30.gif

I have been head over heals with Leon''s work since I found this website but never thought (from viewing his examples on his website) that he set small stones. I figured I would e-mail him just in case and sure enough he said he could and would for a price that is not that expensive for the quality of his pieces in my opinion. I will post pictures when I get it...which will be up to my boyfriend
27.gif

Which ever you decide on though will be gorgeous...can''t go wrong with your 2 choices
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 5:40:45 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Um...those are two of my favorite settings ever
1.gif
I prefer four-prongs so I personally would go with the Leon- do you have a preference between 4 and 6 prongs? If not, then I suggest getting the Petite Torchiere now, and getting the Leon classic setting for your chunky cushion RHR later down the road
2.gif
Ditto!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MM!!

cheers--Sharon

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Definately Mark Morrell -
His work is like liquid metal...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Considering your ring size and the stone size, I think the Petite Sunburst would be better, but only just! Both settings are lovely and would be beautiful.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results