shape
carat
color
clarity

leon mege setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkmouse420

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Thanks to all of you on pricescope i have finally found the perfect ering! I used to have my heart set on a tacori. That is until i found pricescope and then saw all of your leon mege rings!!

So here is the ring that im in love with! Except i would want an asscher center stone. For those of you that have rings made by leon mege, i was wondering how much do u think this particular setting would cost? Thanks a bunch u guys!

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=488

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Correct me if I am wrong (which I may just be), but I think the ring you posted from Leon''s site is a PS''ers ring. I think I have seen a thread or two about it...although I am unsure who it is. Sorry.

Boy!! It is amazing! What a BEAUTIFUL ring! Great taste.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know but I had to chime in and say WHAT A GORGEOUS SETTING!
18.gif

pinkmouse420

Rough_Rock
WOW! Coati, thanks for posting that link w/ her pics! I''ve been trying to find more pics of that one. Gorgeous!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Just email Leon for a price quote. He is very quick with that. I find that his quotes are actually detailed and helpful. Others have given me just a number without specifying the size of the melee etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot would depend on the size of the center stone. He'd have to know that before he could quote a price on the setting because the side stones would be a major part of the cost. I don't think he is more expensive than other excellent custom ring makers, but that setting will be expensive due to the amount of diamonds and the design.

(ETA: Saw Coati already mentioned that you'd have to know the size of the center stone!)

pinkmouse420

Rough_Rock
I emailed him for a quote! Gosh ALL of those rings are sooo beautiful!
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much is it gonna cost: my guess - lots! But oh so worth it! Be sure you read some of the topics about Leon and
approach him gently...I understand he can be a little moody. Goodluck...cant wait to see the finished product!

pinkmouse420

Rough_Rock
You''re right. His prices are very reasonable. He was very helpful too. He suggested I go with caree cut stones on the shank bc he said it would compliment the asscher better than the princess cuts i wanted. Can anyone show me what caree looks like?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:41:05 PM
Author: pinkmouse420
You''re right. His prices are very reasonable. He was very helpful too. He suggested I go with caree cut stones on the shank bc he said it would compliment the asscher better than the princess cuts i wanted. Can anyone show me what caree looks like?
Interesting! I''ve never heard of that cut. I''ll be interested to see the responses to this.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I could be wrong but aren''t they like asschers but square, without the cut corners?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and without the windmills inside

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:13:32 PM
Author: swingirl
I could be wrong but aren''t they like asschers but square, without the cut corners?
Exactly--carre cuts are square step cuts with no clipped corners. This allows them to sit in a channel-set band with no gaps between stones...I think the carre cuts would be perfect for this ring!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a channel set band with carre cuts, so you can see what they look like: (pulled this from Katamari''s Thread where she''s looking for a band).

carrecutband23.JPG

And another, french and carre cuts:

TR140gd.jpg

I think they would look fantastic next to an asscher!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah! "Caree" threw me off. Couldn''t find it in google.

So, essentially square baguettes? Or are there differences there, as well? (Not meaning to threadjack, if it''s not relevant OP feel free to cyber-smack me!)

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
LOL even before I opened that first link I knew what ring it would be. Thats a beauty.......I''ve drooled over that ring many times...
25.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
carre means square in french, btw. nice ring.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 7:09:19 PM
Author: musey
Ah! ''Caree'' threw me off. Couldn''t find it in google.

So, essentially square baguettes? Or are there differences there, as well? (Not meaning to threadjack, if it''s not relevant OP feel free to cyber-smack me!)
Wikipedia says: "Square step cuts whose corners are not truncated are known as carré; they are also characteristic of antique jewelry. They may resemble the square-shaped Princess cut in passing, but a carré''s lack of fire and simpler facets are distinctive. They may or may not have a culet."

Baby asscher with no windmills and square corners.
9.gif
Kinda. LOL

pinkmouse420

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! U guys really know ur stuff! So that is exactly what i want. Except no pave. 1.50 asscher center stone with side traps and those square diamonds coming down the sides. And millegrain where the side diamonds are.

Does leon mege design rings with filigree too?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results