shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege - Ring Solitaire 301???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddong2lee

Rough_Rock
hey guys. i''m new to these forums and am looking to get an e-ring for my gf real soon. after reading on these forums, i have learned about leon mege and his great work. one ring that i really liked on his site and somewhat similar to the tiffany bead-set ring that my gf liked was...
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=308

i really like the head design but i''d like to see it more close-up. the ring style is called ring solitaire 301 anyone own one? or have any pics of it close-up? any help would be great. thank you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What exactly do you want to see? The pictures you can click on below show it fairly close IMO.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The side view of that one shows diamonds on the prongs and basket. I think I''d really prefer the plain metal basket, personally.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:46:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The side view of that one shows diamonds on the prongs and basket. I think I''d really prefer the plain metal basket, personally.
Ditto, but it certainly is an interesting design. Are the rounds on the basket bezeled? I can''t tell for sure.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ditto on the basket - i''d prefer the prongs plain also.

otherwise - lovely!

good luck ddong2lee :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 8:46:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ditto

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - plain basket would be better. It looks too busy with those diamonds in there and distracts from the overall
beauty of the ring.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of diamonds on the prongs but not the basket
35.gif

ddong2lee

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone for their inputs. i actually didn''t know that there were small diamonds on the sides of the basket/head. i thought it was just holes/design. oops forgive me since im really new to these things and trying to learn as much as i can.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi ddong2lee :)

dont ever apologize about having questions!

you''ve picked a great style of ring, if this is the direction you decide to go - and leon mege is a very good jeweler. he can adapt his styles to suit, so if you decide you dont want the diamond detail underneath the center stone, have a chat with him about it and see what he''s willing to do.

let us know what you decide to do - and stick around; you''re very welcome. this is a great learning site.

:)

LovesFineArt

Rough_Rock
My mom''s wedding set is her solitaire engagement ring, a channel-set half eternity band, and a plain wedding band. She has never had her wedding band off of her hand in 11 years of marriage (to my stepdad, I''m not 10 years old haha!), but it looks really classy with the three rings. If she lets me take pictures I''ll post some.

LovesFineArt

Rough_Rock
Hmmm totally meant to post that in another thread, I have no idea how that happened... sorry!!

LovesFineArt

Rough_Rock
Anyway, about THIS thread: I actually like the diamonds in the basket. A LOT of people have a similar style e-ring and I think the basket sets in apart. A friend of mine has a custom ring made to look like the Tiffany Novo (I''m assuming this is the style that your gf liked), and a problem she had was that the band was too thick, so it felt bulky between her fingers. It''s something I would never have thought of that they ended up having to pay to fix! Just a thought :) And CONGRATS on the upcoming proposal!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results