shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon crafting a masterpiece-difficulty choosing side stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
So it has been nearly 4 weeks any news?

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I still like widget's version better. It makes it look more proportioned and classic.

But out of the pics posted, love this one.

r221-10W.jpg

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Hello Keleidoscopic, Matatora and Lovey,

Thanks for checking in and thanks for the kind words too!

Yes, Matatora, it has been almost 4 weeks, took me about a week to get the correct size to Leon. Anyway, I spoke with Leon Friday and the metal work is just about complete. After the metal work is complete the ring moves to the setter. So, I am hoping to see photos next week.

Leon works with goals, not hard dates. Good things come to those who wait, right?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 1:59:03 PM
Author: BeaudryBabe
Well, we are rolling...

Spoke with Leon on Monday, he has my deposit, side stones and instructions. He tells me that the goal is for the ring to be complete in 3-4 weeks, just a GOAL though.

I asked him, point blank, if my ring will be made by him...he hesitated before responding and said that he has many craftsmen/women there and that he directly oversees each piece made. He also said that he looks at every piece before it is shipped out. So, I guess that days of Leon actually making the entire ring are over. He tells me that he has apprentices that are learning his craft, so, we will see.

Now we wait....
yes well.........................have you ever read my story? my hero worship of leon ended long ago......................two times the price estimate and a very different ring than drawn, planned and spec''d per three people''s agreement and confirmation prior to the work beginning. He flat out said he did what he was told and then made a comment that it looked better the way he did it....................i only later discovered through my diamond vendor who had been (no longer) working with him extensively that he was no longer doing much of the work.................

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Well, Windowshopper...

so sorry to hear of your "journey" with Leon. My experience with Beaudry was very much the same as yours with Leon, at twice the price. So, I decided to try yet again. If this does not turn out as spec'd, than custom work isn't for me.

While I am cautiously optimistic, I wonder if you are taking a little to much pleasure in my possible angst.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 9:03:51 AM
Well, Windowshopper...

so sorry to hear of your ''journey'' with Leon. My experience with Beaudry was very much the same as yours with Leon, at twice the price. So, I decided to try yet again. If this does not turn out as spec''d, than custom work isn''t for me.

While I am cautiously optimistic, I wonder if you are taking a little to much pleasure in my possible angst.
why would you think that?--i was just relaying my story which your findings to date (ie asking Leon is he was doing the work and his subsequent response) seem to explain/validate etc..............

as a matter of fact I would discourage anyone from using him..............he is arrogant and disrepectful in the sense that he doesnt think "we" know anything and that his work is priceless for any quality or for anything he gives us whether we wanted it or not!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
BB,

I am waiting so anxiously to see your ring.

For so long I wanted a Beaudry. Finally, I was able to speak with him at a trunk showing, only to be blown off by him when a previous customer walked in the showroom. He promised to call me and discuss what I wanted. Of course he never called, stars don''t call normal people!

Then I decided I would have Leon do the setting. I still don''t have my stone - life is too busy to concentrate on finding that perfect stone. Which I now think will never happen cause I''m too dang picky. But I still think I will make it happen and want Leon to make the ring. But I am long distance from him and I have serious concerns about working long distance. But if he only accepts 1 appt. for the design then I can/will do that. I want perfection and Leon''s rings look like it.

Please keep us posted. Your ring is going to be stunning I''m sure.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems like Leon Mege needs a reality check. Is he aware that he''s gotten a great deal of business from people on this board? He should make it a point to do all the work himself whenever a client mentions Pricescope.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
you''ve never met his ego apparently!
emsmile.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Actually, Windowshopper, I have met his ego, but it''s too late now. I''m not defending Leon, don''t get me wrong, I am however, trying to remain positive, as I am pretty excited about this. I was excited with Beaudry too, and look how that turned out.

Listen Windowshopper, I appreciate the advise, but right now I really don''t care to hear anything negative. You posted way back at the beginning of this thread, commenting on the stone selection, but made no mention than, of your experience. At that point I could have pulled the plug.

What''s done is done and I have to continue to hope for a beautiful end result.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ann,

I never even spoke with Beaudry himself, but found his staff to be just as errogant and abrasive. They really didn''t give two _hits about my dissappointment or their lack of customer service. I will NEVER, EVER buy a Beaudry even though I love their pieces.

Here''s hoping for the best!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 10:29:49 AM
Actually, Windowshopper, I have met his ego, but it''s too late now. I''m not defending Leon, don''t get me wrong, I am however, trying to remain positive, as I am pretty excited about this. I was excited with Beaudry too, and look how that turned out.

Listen Windowshopper, I appreciate the advise, but right now I really don''t care to hear anything negative. You posted way back at the beginning of this thread, commenting on the stone selection, but made no mention than, of your experience. At that point I could have pulled the plug.

What''s done is done and I have to continue to hope for a beautiful end result.
sorry to be negative........my apologies. Good luck!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well BB, all I can say is I sure hope everything works out!!
19.gif

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 10:32:29 AM
Hi Ann,

I never even spoke with Beaudry himself, but found his staff to be just as errogant and abrasive. They really didn''t give two _hits about my dissappointment or their lack of customer service. I will NEVER, EVER buy a Beaudry even though I love their pieces.

Here''s hoping for the best!
BeaudryBabe,
I actually had quite a different experience with Beaudry. Although my ring wasn''t perfect the first time around (and it did take another 2 attempts to get it right), once Stephen Moore (VP) got involved it was perfect! Stephen called me to make sure he understood exactly what I wanted, invited me to visit their facility when I was in LA and promised he would supervise the remake and wouldn''t top until I was happy with the results. The ring is spectacular! I admit it was more of a hassle than I expected but definitely worth it in the end. Sorry your experience wasn''t as good!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Green Eggs...

Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with Beaudry.

When my ring arrived all wrong, the jeweler that I was working with, attempted to get Beaudry to correct the piece. Oh and they were more than willing, (even though the person at Beaudry commented on how much more beautiful the ring they made was versus the ring that I ordered) to correct the problems for an additional charge of $2000 plus. To correct all of the issues was a total remake or $8175 (at cost by the way).

Ugh, won''t go down that road again!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2005 10:15:46 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
It seems like Leon Mege needs a reality check. Is he aware that he''s gotten a great deal of business from people on this board? He should make it a point to do all the work himself whenever a client mentions Pricescope.

Hm... there''s no way to know what Pricescope does to businesses. On this one, oh well.... guess we''d wish.
11.gif

Since Tiffany jewelry is not made by L.C. Tiffany... and Art of Platinum jewelry is not even represented as Leon Mege''s handwork. I must have mentioned their piece dozens and dozens of times without thinking that Mr Mege does them. Just like any other brand-name jewelery (= those brands named after a designer) is not expected to be made by that one person. If it does happen, that is an exception.

On the other hand, has anyone noticed that the AOP website has a catalogue now!

Definitely worth a look (LINK) just take some simple precaution to avoid heart attack
23.gif
There are a couple of PS rings in there too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG---
thanks ana, i hadn''t been there in a while but i''m totally drooling over this one
23.gif

r369-08W.jpg

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 12:48:50 PM
Wow, Green Eggs...

Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with Beaudry.

When my ring arrived all wrong, the jeweler that I was working with, attempted to get Beaudry to correct the piece. Oh and they were more than willing, (even though the person at Beaudry commented on how much more beautiful the ring they made was versus the ring that I ordered) to correct the problems for an additional charge of $2000 plus. To correct all of the issues was a total remake or $8175 (at cost by the way).

Ugh, won''t go down that road again!
Hum,
Sounds like there are a lot of similarities between Beaudry and Leon--some good, some bad. In the long run, these designers wouldn''t be where they are if the good didn''t outweigh the bad. I hope your experience with Leon is like mine was with Beaudry!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sigh... the Leon drama! hehe... no doubt he is talented, and I loooove his work..

BeaudryBabe- I just wanted to that I hope your ring turns out exactly as you want it! Don''t let anyone get you down, you should be excited about your new ring! I''m sure it will be fantastic
1.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Just saw Leon''s website and I have to say, it LOOKS GOOD!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sometimes that is the price we must pay when we like someone''s work and their ego knows it!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support everyone! I'll keep you all informed!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

Just a quick update...spoke with Leon yesterday, the stone are being set and should be completed by the end of this week. Leon was very, very kind and apologetic that we are one week behind (geez, I''ll take one week anyday).

I am traveling next week, so, may not have pictures for a few weeks yet. But, if I get anything from Leon by weeks end, you all, will be the first to know!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too BB, fingers and toes are crossed and I''m knocking on wood for you too!!!
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Rats! When I saw your post, I hoped you had the ring, and pictures to share!

Anyway...sounds like you''ll have it for the holidays.

Can''t wait to see it!

widget

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Happy Holidays, my PS friends...

One picture, only one...Leon sent 3 (even though "he doesn''t usually send pictures"), gee, I must be special!
19.gif

Anyway, only one is good enough to post, so here goes. When the ring arrives early next week, I will try to post more.

1673F_c.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the torture, BB! I''m dying to see a face-up shot...were the others really that bad? Are you pleased with the size of the sidestones, at least as much as you can be from a picture?

It''s gorgeous, obviously....but I''m dying here...need to see more!!
3.gif

widget

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Hi Widget,

There are two other shots, but both are very dark, not really worth much of anything. I''m dying too, can''t wait to get my hands on it.

It was finished the end of last week, but I just returned today, from a trip to the west coast, so I didn''t have any time to request photos or wire the balance.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Let''s see if this if too dark...

here goes...

1673F_b.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB,
It''s just gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results