shape
carat
color
clarity

Leo Diamond and setting or similiar from Whiteflash?

lordsiris

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I've been going back and forth for weeks between a Leo Diamond and setting that we looked at in store versus getting something similiar (size, band width, 3 stone princess, white gold) from Whiteflash.

Basically her and I went to look at rings on a Saturday a few months ago so I could get an idea of what she liked. She most liked the Leo Diamond (1ctw 3 stone princess 14k white gold, found here which would be approximately about $4200 out the door.

Searching through Whiteflash I've found a 3 stone 18k white gold setting with 2 ACA sidestones (.5ctw, F/G VS) and an ACA center stone of 0.528ct, Color E, Clarity VS1 at approximately $4000 total.

These are both around my budget range and I've having a really hard time deciding between the two. I read all the information regarding the Leo Diamonds and it's kinda a mixed bag so that isn't helping much.

Anyone have any input that could help me out? Do you need any other information?

Thanks!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While the Leo is a pretty diamond it is a branded diamond and you'll pay a premium for the name. I would go with ACA from WF and IMO they will give you more bang for your buck.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1305506820|2922675 said:
I would go with the WF. E/VS1 for same price as HI/SI1/SI2, 18k vs 14k, certified by AGS as opposed to ??, AGS ideal cut, backed up with upgrade policies.

Although I would probably go with a larger G/H color for the center stone...maybe this?
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2594755.htm

I totally agree with this. You will be able to get better quality- possibily even bigger stone- for the same money. If you go for a F/G/H SI1-VS2 stone from whiteflash- and up the carat size. I think you will find that the quality and size for the money is better than the LEO set. Use the LEO ring she likes as the inspiration and have something very similar done with a quality- trusted PS vendor.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I vote for WF, too :)

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen the Leo diamond in person; it looks slightly different than the regular H&A; it depends on whether the difference is worth it to you and your fiancee. If she's drawn to the particular look of the Leo diamond then it may be worth paying a premium, but if she just wants a sparkly diamond in that style setting, then other diamonds can do it less expensively.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Amelia - they do look different.

Also from everything I've heard all Leos are not created equal, so be sure to pick out your specific stone and examine it just as you would any other potential candidate - they aren't like say WF's inventory of ACAs that you can basically buy blindly from.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
is the Leo princess different from a 'regular' princess?

(not that I'm sure what a 'regular' princess is...since they have different numbers of chevrons...)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I read all the replies. You are getting really good advice! I think it is unanimous.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1305565682|2923128 said:
is the Leo princess different from a 'regular' princess?

(not that I'm sure what a 'regular' princess is...since they have different numbers of chevrons...)

Oh, phooey, princess. Yeah... who knows?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results