shape
carat
color
clarity

Length of Average Engagement

How long was/will be the length of your engagement?

• Less than 6 months

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Less than 1 year

• Less than 1.5 years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
How long was/will be the length of your engagement?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ours will be about 19 months. WOW. I could have had two kids!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Ours will be 26 months and 6 days, so less than 2.5 years... Way too long. But if I want my siblings to attend my wedding, I don''t have much of a choice.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ours will be a smidge less than 2 years. Let''s see....*does math*.....22 months.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ours was just a couple days over 2 years.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours will (I'm guessing) be about 1 year and 9 months.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
1 year and 4 months (minus a few days)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
11 months.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
14 months and 2 days!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
9 months and the time is literally FLYING! I don''t even have my reception venue yet (but the wedding itself is all booked0. I need more time
jen
6.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
7 months.

My SIL had a 3 month long-distance-planning engagement, my personal attendant had a 3 month engagement, and one of my guestbook attendants had a 4 month engagement. It can be done in a short time!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Ours is a week shy of 12 months...so under a year!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ours will be about 10.5 months.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
We were engaged for 1 year and 9 days. I voted less than 1 year since it was only 10 days over a year.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was engaged in December of 1989 and married August of 1990.

I could not have handled a lot more than that, my mom was acting so terribly and I had most things chosen and decided upon, so it was like hurry up and wait for me, and all the family drama made me nuts. But that is not the case for everyone and sometimes a longer timeframe is desirable...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Around 14 months.

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
We got engaged mid-May 2006, we''ll be married September 2007. So a little over a year and a half. That''s only because we''ll be in Korea from June 2006-June 2007 and I wanted to have a couple of months for last minute wedding planning after we got back. And I wanted to get married on a day that was 8 or 6 since those are my lucky numbers (engaged in 2006 and married when I''m 26, hee hee).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ours will be about 2 years if we get engaged next July.If we get married two years after that it means that I''ll only have two years of college left to go and I would love to get married in July as I love that month and we will be going out 10 years if we get married in July 2009

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Exactly 18 months.

I voted in the "under 2 years" slot.

Imperials

Rough_Rock
I am so surprised at how long everyone''s engagement was. I really thought the norm was under a year - hum guess I was wrong.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Imperials, I think it depends on everyone''s situation. For a lot of people, 9-12 months works. I certainly wish I could have done that! But we had to choose between less than 10 months or 26 months because of family situation... And there''s no way I could have planned this wedding in less than 10 months while in college.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i think 1 year is considered the average. After waiting so long, i wanted to have a short engagement of 6 mo''s or less, but soon realized that was difficult to pull off with a full traditional wedding. So I settled on 10 mo''s, but now I''m more at the whim of reception / church availability..working on that now!

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
Mine was 2.5 months....

My ex and her mom had the wedding for 250 people done in that time frame. My ex had the dress and almost everything els set, she was missing the groom. I was basically there to stand in that possition. We found out we were pregnant in January and got married March 22. She even threaten to go buy her own ring..... good times!!! good times!!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
yea i heard if it''s 6 mo''s or less people wonder if it''s a shotgun wedding. for me, sooner is better and 10 mos seems so far away, but i know how time flies..

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Just under 13 months
1.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 9:53:20 AM
Author: Imperials
I am so surprised at how long everyone''s engagement was. I really thought the norm was under a year - hum guess I was wrong.

Immigration, nuff said.

Also, for us at least, it was all about dates. We have always celebrated our year anniversaries and half-year anniversaries. It was very important to me not to add any more dates into the mix while not forgetting about our time dating. So we planned to get engaged on a half-year anniversary and married on a year anniversaries.

No new dates added to celebrate and it''s easy to count our dating time as well (together for 4 years, rather than married for 1, I hate it when people just count time married. The time before then is important as well and doesn''t deserve to disappear).

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Looks like I''m in the majority- less than 1 year.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read somewhere that the average US length of engagement was about 1 year, looks accurate according to this poll!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our will be 2 years, 8 months and 3 weeks once we''re married (yup, a loooong one!!
41.gif
) We''ve both been concentrating on career advancements and houses so hard the last few years, that I honestly thought my DH2B wouldn''t propose to me until we''d moved into our new house (which was only 6 weeks ago, so good thing he did!!!!). In that time we''ve quite enjoyed just being an engaged couple, with no time restrains or timelines, just picking at plans here and there until the time was right to set it all into concrete. I''ve got the whole thing planned, just need the date to roll around!! Less than 11 months to go!!! Yippee!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m wondering if Imperial is a man. Maybe men underestimate the time it can take to plan a wedding and thus don''t understand the "rush" (rush in boytime) of getting engaged?

4 months here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results