shape
carat
color
clarity

Lembeck gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone ever purchase anything from them? How are they?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
On ebay? I haven''t, just trying to hunt out who you are asking about.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has a website and an ebay store. lembeckgems.com

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
A pair of pink spinels.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you like them?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are ok.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have talked to Steve about buying a spess and he seemed nice and has a good reputation on another board I hang out on.
I ended up getting a hessy from Gene at precision.gem but would buy from Steve.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How were they in relation to his picture?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He seems quite expensive. Difficult to tell from the pictures whether the cuts warrant such a high $ price.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting a nice cuprite for years, and he has one. Oh well, I think I'll wait it out. I didn't think the price on the cuprite was that outrageous, but his other items seem very expensive. You can't wear it in jewelry, it's harness is only 3 to 4, but I still want one to keep in my collection.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While I have never bought anything from them, they have a good reputation for very good stones. If had the budget for it, I wouldn''t hesitate to buy from Steve. That cuprite is impressive.

LembeckGems

Rough_Rock
I have just been told that Cuprite can morph into malachite! The same expert tells me keep your Cuprite clean at all times and be sure to wipe it down, free from fingerprints, before putting it away as the shmoots will act as a catalyst to the morphing.

As far as being expensive, I am expensive. But then I don''t sell junk or commercial quality goods and most of my business is within the trade and with other dealers. The finest Tanzanite I have ever seen in my life was sold recently for $700 per. Electric COBALT blue alluvial deposit crystal. Dealers jaws dropped. Is that expensive? It''s not cab fare. For that stone? No way.

Price points. The dealer I bought it from paid $280 per carat (yes, he told me). I paid $480 per carat AND I had to re-cut. Or check out this gem Spessartite. This material has not been mined for years!! Sold last year @$600 per! That''s a fraction of it''s value. Not only that it''s irreplaceable. Have you ever seen the Uber Spessartines. They look like day glow Padparadschas. And not because of the cutting. Price point today. Any dealer (if they had one) would ask $900 per carat. After all it was almost 11 carats and 10 x clean!

http://www.gemologyproject.com/wiki/index.php?title=Spessartite

How about a pure blue Tanzanite. I prefer dichroism myself BUT the market worships Tanzanites that display pure blues under all lighting conditions. Why? Just try to locate one. They don''t come out of the ground anymore.

http://www.gemologyproject.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tanzanite

This gem was mined in the early 80''s. What is such a stone worth? $1200 per carat? S.P. was $800. Fine color change Garnets? Price point today for GEM blue to purple (not they Alexandrite like ones) VVS gems in sizes 1 to 2 carats, around $800 per carat.

Tourmalines. Any mutli color fans? Price point when sold last year $180 per carat (was offered to pala for $110. Was too elongated for them apparently).

Price point today? Easily, $300 per carat. (Would LOVE to fine one that is red to BLUE! Have only seen one large gen like that.)

http://www.gemologyproject.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tourmaline

This gem (Brazilian not Afghani) was around 10 carats. 10 x clean which affects the price greatly as it is a type III gem. Important to remember. Even a clean Type II will jump in price.

Pads are more problematic being sapphires (originally a sub species of Ruby). Size greatly affects price. The most important thing is NOT THE PRICE! As a civilian how would you determine that anyway. The price guide? Buy from a reputable dealer. (Most of the biggest houses, the guys that are supplying everybody do not sell on the net).

A reputable dealer will protect you price wise. AND the stone will be authentic and as described. Then only buy a gem that you love. Why anyone would buy a stone that was anything less, a stone that they merely liked or were just ok with is beyond my ken.

I only buy gems I love and I''m just a dealer. To wit. The Star Padparadsha is not for sale.

Quality Is The Best Value

LembeckGems

Rough_Rock
Uber Spessartines. They look like day glow Padparadschas. And not because of the cutting. Price point today. Any dealer (if they had one) would ask $900 per carat. For ‘regular’ Mandarin material. 11 carats and 10 x clean! Sold last year @ $600 pct

http://www.gemologyproject.com/wiki/index.php?title=Spessartite

Pure blue Tanzanite

http://www.gemologyproject.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tanzanite

This gem was mined in the early 80''s. What is such a stone worth? $1200 per carat? Only they’re depleted. S.P. last year, $800 pct.

Tourmalines. Any mutli color fans? Price point when sold last year $180 per carat (was offered to pala for $110. Was too elongated for them apparently).

Price point today? Easily, $300 per carat. Or $250 anyway. (Would LOVE to fine one that is red to BLUE! Have only seen one large gem like that.)

http://www.gemologyproject.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tourmaline

This gem (Brazilian not Afghani) was around 10 carats. 10 x clean which affects the price greatly as it is a GIA Type III gem. Important to remember. Even a clean Type II will jump in price.

Every Gem Has A Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results