shape
carat
color
clarity

Leather sofas - brand recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! we're shopping for new leather sofas (probably 2 full size) and are getting a little overwhelmed with the choices! We've pretty much narrowed it down to this general style:

http://roomandboard.com/rnb/collection.do?method=get&id=377760&cat=60

We like modern, clean lines. Couple questions:

- Does anyone think it is weird to get two full sized sofas vs a sofa and loveseat? The room is pretty big and can hold both pieces, and the price difference is negligible. I just don't think I've ever seen this done. The advantage is seating for more people, plus, I think it will be more proportionate in the room.

- my main question - what brands do you recommend? Quality is key for us. So far we like American Leather and Omnia Leather. We also like the style of Natuzzi but we've heard the quality is no longer what it used to be. Are there other brands you recommend? If you have either of the brands I mentioned, how has your sofa held up over time?

TIA!

ETA We're not actually considering the one in the link I posted b/c there is no store near us to go look at, plus it's a little more than we wanted to spend.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
no, i don''t think it''s weird to get two full size sofas.

regarding leather, we have a cloth covered sofa and leather wing style comfy chair. guess which has held up better?
Leather only for me from now on!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve bought two leather chairs from this company:

http://www.clubfurniture.com/leatclubstyl.html

The leather is aneline dyed so the color goes all the way through which was important to me for good wear. Where ever you end up buying from, check on the dying process, because we have a couch which is just surface dyed, and it doesn''t look so good.

I got one chair in the Soho style which you might like for a modern flair. It''s very comfortable.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice and recommendations!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s weird at all to buy two full sized sofas. I find that many times even though two people can sit on a love seat, they usually don''t so it''s wasted space. Better to have two sofas I think.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about brands but I just wanted to tell you that I personally *hate* loveseats. I think the dimensions ALWAYS look off. I think going with two full size sofas or one sofa and two chairs (with a table in between) visually looks MUCH better. My parents have a leather sofa and chair that they have had for probably 16 years and it still looks great. It is really soft/buttery leather that actually looks better worn. I don''t know the brand though.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Cind11 and Tacori! It''s nice to know that sofas can last 16+ years. They cost so much, I am really hoping not to have to replace it anytime soon. Our current upholstery sofas were not expensive at all, but are thoroughly worn out after only 5 years.
We found a brand we think we will love.
http://www.collezionedivani.com/
We are going to look at it on Monday! My favorite is the Lipari, which I actually saw in person previously and loved .My husband and I agree that the Forli will go best with our home and other furniture. we will order it with wood legs, because the metal is a little more modern than our other stuff. I hope we love it in person as much as online. we will probably get 2 full sized sofas, and later if we want order the chair. We don''t want the room to feel too crowded and also don''t want to spend too much at once, so the sofas should be plenty for now!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the nice thing about having chairs is I don''t think they have to EXACTLY match the sofa. It will be very easy to add them later if you want. I like both styles but the one you like looks much more substancial and solid. Plus the neck roll pillows are kind of fun. What color are you looking at? All of my parent''s furniture is ancient. They just don''t update stuff like that. Some of it is way older than me.
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the two sofa idea or the chair idea. I like loveseats but they do tend to be wasted space. I have yet to see two people sit on a love seat and look comfy. We have two sofas in our living room and although the set up is not ideal, I''m glad we have more room for when we have company. Plus, we both have plenty of room to curl up and watch a movie, without either one of us trying to curl up on a smaller sofa. That''s just not comfortable at all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you are anywhere near one, but Pottery Barn Outlet stores have awesome leather sofas at great discounts. We had two regular couches and later even decided to go bigger with one couch and the other an L shape couch (instead of additional chair).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results