Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Weed. (cannabis) BARF
Cooking fish or having it reheated.. DOUBLE BARF

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adding to my list heavy perfumes. Make me ill.

Air fresheners. Any kind. Ugh just awful smelling.

Every product I buy is unscented with a minimal of ingredients.

DH added a smell he loathes. Old Apartment building hallways. Stale and unpleasant.

the wife of the owner of a hardware shop i used to work for loved 4711
(which i myself used to feel quite grown up wearing when i was 8 or 9 in 1979)

she was a lovelly lady but i think she used to bath in the stuff, you could smell her from a mile away

same street as that hardwear shop was a coffee roaster
at certain stages in the process it smelt like burning toast and really bitter

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pine, vegetables cooking ( yes I hate most vegetables), cigars. Oddly my great uncle smoked a cherry tobacco pipe and I loved the smell. Does anyone smoke a tobacco pipe anymore?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't beleave people still boil the cr*p out of vegtables anymore
i used to hate coming home when i was a kid and smelling what was for tea from the front gate
but by far the worst was when mum was pickling onions but the smell of corned beef made me dread going any further because i hate corn beef - its pickled

not that long ago we were at my SIL 's and i was shocked when she boiled corn on the cob in a pot on the stove for seeminly hours
all the flavour was boiled away and they tasted like mush

i do mine in the microwave still wrapped in their leaves

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... i was shocked when she boiled corn on the cob in a pot on the stove for seemingly hours
all the flavour was boiled away and they tasted like mush

i do mine in the microwave still wrapped in their leaves

Are you sure you're not me?
I also MW unpeeled corn on the cob, 2 or 3 minutes.
Then, with a tongs, I remove it, cool, then peel it under running tap water.

So yummy, no salt or butter needed.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you sure you're not me?
I also MW unpeeled corn on the cob, 2 or 3 minutes.
Then, with a tongs, I remove it, cool, then peel it under running tap water.

So yummy, no salt or butter needed.

when we get married you'r in charge of dehusking the corn - i always burn my fingers between getting them out of the MV and getting the leaves off under the running water

did you know at my old work some people used to complain about the smell my cooking corn made ? huh !
your right though, these days corn is so sweet and juicy its perfect just as is

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bleach, vinegar, cigarette smoke.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pine, vegetables cooking ( yes I hate most vegetables), cigars. Oddly my great uncle smoked a cherry tobacco pipe and I loved the smell. Does anyone smoke a tobacco pipe anymore?

My grandfather may he RIP was a lifelong pipe smoker from the age of 14 til he died at the age of 89. Smoked every day. I sort of liked the smell too but we never allowed him to smoke near us because it is so unhealthy. But I didn't hate the smell.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
- Cigarette smoke. I HATE it. It makes me cough like crazy!

- Vomit. The smell of it makes me want to vomit myself. My loving DH will clean up the dog / cat vomit because he knows I’m super sensitive to the smell. When he’s sick, I try to rub his back but I’m usually found hanging out an open window trying to breath instead. That is one awful smell.

- Christmas tree scented candles (or other strong scents). Give it five minutes and I can taste the fragrance on the tip of my tongue.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Fabreeze makes anything bad smell worse.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The following odors I deal with daily at work....

Twelve year old boys who don’t use deodorant, especially after gym or recess (please parents...educate your kids on good hygiene!)

Clothes/binders that have been peed on by cats?!

Don’t the parents realize how pungent their kids smell? It permeates the classroom All. Day. Long.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
- Cigarette smoke. I HATE it. It makes me cough like crazy!

- Vomit. The smell of it makes me want to vomit myself. My loving DH will clean up the dog / cat vomit because he knows I’m super sensitive to the smell. When he’s sick, I try to rub his back but I’m usually found hanging out an open window trying to breath instead. That is one awful smell.

- Christmas tree scented candles (or other strong scents). Give it five minutes and I can taste the fragrance on the tip of my tongue.

So true! Reminds me of my first babysitting experience. I was relatively young (10?) and my mom's cousins begged her to let me sit for their 3 kids. One was just a few months old and the other 2 were about 2 and 4 years old. Anyway I was baby-sitting there for maybe 10 minutes and the infant vomited all over himself in the crib. I went over but couldn't manage to approach him because the smell made me gag and want to vomit myself. I called my parents haha and they had to come over and clean up Jason. OMG but I really tried and to my credit I did make sure he was breathing and all before I gave up. Anyway I did go on to baby-sit for them again believe it or not. :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So true! Reminds me of my first babysitting experience. I was relatively young (10?) and my mom's cousins begged her to let me sit for their 3 kids. One was just a few months old and the other 2 were about 2 and 4 years old. Anyway I was baby-sitting there for maybe 10 minutes and the infant vomited all over himself in the crib. I went over but couldn't manage to approach him because the smell made me gag and want to vomit myself. I called my parents haha and they had to come over and clean up Jason. OMG but I really tried and to my credit I did make sure he was breathing and all before I gave up. Anyway I did go on to baby-sit for them again believe it or not. :lol:

I love this! :lol:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burnt bread/toast (generally any burnt food, but somehow bread smells the worst).
We have a toaster oven at work and SOMEONE will use it to make toast and burn the shit out of it, and it permeates every surface in the office. I can smell it when I walk in the building and it makes me want to walk right back out.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burnt bread/toast (generally any burnt food, but somehow bread smells the worst).
We have a toaster oven at work and SOMEONE will use it to make toast and burn the shit out of it, and it permeates every surface in the office. I can smell it when I walk in the building and it makes me want to walk right back out.

opps heehee guilty :lol:
my bad

sorry i don't know how it happens :mrgreen2:
i prefer toast with only a very lighht brown colour anyway

it must be the toaster's fault;)2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeast to rise bread dough and foot fungus are probably not that distantly related.

Hey now. I object!! When I make fresh bread the house smells wonderful, nothing remotely footey!!

Subway bread doesn't smell right. Like it's been sitting in stale dishwater :oops2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, oh my goodness I just had to respond to your post and say that I have a 12 year old son. Every morning I remind him to put on deodorant AND cologne (yes I know some will say that is too young) and there are some days he STILL smells at the end of the day! Mind you I figured a little dab of cologne would help if the deodorant wore off but no such luck.

So some of us do try! Thankfully he doesn't have a cat pee smelling binder....yuck!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The following odors I deal with daily at work....

Twelve year old boys who don’t use deodorant, especially after gym or recess (please parents...educate your kids on good hygiene!)

Clothes/binders that have been peed on by cats?!

Don’t the parents realize how pungent their kids smell? It permeates the classroom All. Day. Long.

oh dear
BO is dreadful

in small doses im ok with 'cat cologne ' if its still on the cat
but occasionally inthe summer id grab a clean work shirt straight off the little clothes horse i had set up in our garden's private courtyard
the shirt would be so lovelly and cool in the dark of the predawn
how ever as the day and i warmed up it would sometimes become apparent that a 'mystery feline' would have done something unbecoming in the night to my clean washing

i would try and keep my distance from other people for the rest of the day

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my sense of smell 20 years ago and haven't smelled anything since.. :cry2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, oh my goodness I just had to respond to your post and say that I have a 12 year old son. Every morning I remind him to put on deodorant AND cologne (yes I know some will say that is too young) and there are some days he STILL smells at the end of the day! Mind you I figured a little dab of cologne would help if the deodorant wore off but no such luck.

So some of us do try! Thankfully he doesn't have a cat pee smelling binder....yuck!

Stephanie I am sure your efforts are much appreciated! I wish all parents cared as much as you do! I can take the BO but the BBO (beyond body odor :lol: ) eek!! I think some of the worst offenders are just not showering. The cat urine is the worst! :silenced:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stephanie I am sure your efforts are much appreciated! I wish all parents cared as much as you do! I can take the BO but the BBO (beyond body odor :lol: ) eek!! I think some of the worst offenders are just not showering. The cat urine is the worst! :silenced:

don't they want to smell nice for the girls ?
i had a few customers at work who would start the day stinking
no excuses just disgusting
imagine getting into a nice clean bed stinking like that
need to stand closer to the soap and water IMHO
years ago there was an Aussie made add on tv where the husband got into bed and there was a cake if palmolive gold soap in his side of the bed
he got the hint

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
don't they want to smell nice for the girls ?
i had a few customers at work who would start the day stinking
no excuses just disgusting
imagine getting into a nice clean bed stinking like that
need to stand closer to the soap and water IMHO
years ago there was an Aussie made add on tv where the husband got into bed and there was a cake if palmolive gold soap in his side of the bed
he got the hint

I used to work in a grocery store in a "certain" part of town.
Stinky men would come in to buy cheap beer. That's all they would buy-- just beer, no food.
They had money for beer, but not money for a .69 cent cake of soap.:confused:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Chemical fragrance deodarants on men (I've switched my fiance to unscented natural deo, I'll take a little stink over chemical stick!
poop
bad breath:naughty:
Scented trash bags..eww gross! I tried to change this at work but got denied as usual. Get trash bags with lids and the problem is solved!:wall::angryfire:
barf
Air fresheners in cars! Disgusting. I hate getting into an uber and smelling those chemical car freshners things:angryfire:
I actually like the smell of gas for the car and I don't mind farts:lol::dance:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most hated cologne smells:

White Shoulders--eek---so cloying!
Escape--smells like nasty chemicals
English Leather--my Dad used to wear this and it is so awful, I cannot describe it

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hair perming solution or and hair dye

OMG, that just triggered a 1960s childhood memory.

Once or twice I had to go with my mom to the "beauty salon".
I was 7 or so, and the acrid smell almost gagged me!

How did customers, and especially the "beauticians", tolerate that?
Is it still so suffocating?
So women still get "perms"?
Are they still called perms?
Do they still call these gas chambers, beauty salons?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results