shape
carat
color
clarity

Learning about inclusions - Resource Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a good resource about different types of inclusions, what they look like, how they happen, what they impact, etc? You know, geeky stuff.
1.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Hey Lugus,

One of the best resources I found for listings of the different types of inclusions came from a Graduate Gemologist at a local jewelry store who graciously photocopied the inclusions pages from the GIA textbook he used while studying for his certification. It was quite informative, but unfortunately isn't in electronic form so I can't get it to you.
sad.gif

). Gary Dutton has posted some pretty useful information in his "free articles" section you may want to take a look at.

-Tim

[/u][/u]

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
You'd probably enjoy The PhotoAtlas Of Inclusions, written by E. Gubelin & J. Koivula, two gemologists of note. It has over 1400 really cool photographs of inclusions, with a heavy emphasis on colored stones.

Unfortunately, it comes at a hefty price tag of $235.

A good second would be John Koivula's book Microworld Of Diamonds, at about $90. I haven't read it, but I hear it's good.

Both can be found at the GIA Bookstore: http://www.gia.edu/geminstrument/mySearchResults1.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results