shape
carat
color
clarity

Leap Year Proposal.... anyone expecting one Friday the 29th?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
BF has just asked me for a "date" for Friday night... a dress up date to the restaurant where we celebrated one of my favorite anniversaries... he had flowers delivered to the table & we had a dessert platter & champagne comped bc he knew one of the managers (the dessert thingie was not planned) and she got along with him well.

At any rate.... every time we do something even remotely special, I start to get anticipatory...LOL ... the deadline to propose (April) is coming up fast, and while this may not be the weekend (I''ve still got my fingers crossed)... how much FUN would it be to celebrate Feb 29 as an extra special day every four years!!

Wish me luck!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I have forgotten that it was leap year!!
Good luck, I have my fingers crossed!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. But we are going to one of his co-worker''s wedding that day.

Good luck just in case Junkenpo!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ooh sounds fun!! I hope he asks you!
36.gif
My friend is getting married on Friday, I think it''s cool.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
A leap year is one of the only times a woman can "traditionally" for lack of a better term ask a man to marry her

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 3:59:42 AM
Author: Deelight
A leap year is one of the only times a woman can ''traditionally'' for lack of a better term ask a man to marry her
I did not know that. Interesting...

Good luck junkenpo, I hope it''s the day for you!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first ex-boyfriend is getting married. Looks like a few others are, too.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t even think of that...since we''re going to a party that night I am sure it won''t be my time.

Here''s some PS Dust for Junkenpro though...I hope it''s your special night.

36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am hesitant to speak up cause I don''t want to put a mozz on myself. We have the ring as of this week!! I am just waiting for him to ask the big question! I think Friday is a really special date, I don''t know, it''s different sort of thing. Who knows what he has in store? Personally, I think he should jump at the chance - very easy date to remember, and he only has to remember it every 4 years!

Well, here''s hoping but I don''t want to get my hopes up! Good luck ladies.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:25:32 PM
Author: honey22
I am hesitant to speak up cause I don''t want to put a mozz on myself. We have the ring as of this week!! I am just waiting for him to ask the big question! I think Friday is a really special date, I don''t know, it''s different sort of thing. Who knows what he has in store? Personally, I think he should jump at the chance - very easy date to remember, and he only has to remember it every 4 years!

Well, here''s hoping but I don''t want to get my hopes up! Good luck ladies.

Aww, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
A leap year is one of the only times a woman can ''traditionally'' for lack of a better term ask a man to marry her
Haha, I''d secretly decided that I would do it if my then-BF hadn''t done it by then. It''s so weird to think that 2 years ago I was going crazy waiting for him to propose and February 29th 2008 seemed so far away... Now we''re barely two days from this date and I''m getting married in 5 months. Crazy!
19.gif

I''ll be sending you good vibes, junkenpoo!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I''ve never heard of this. Is there a reason? Or is it just something that started happening that way?

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:28:08 PM
Author: JulieN
My first ex-boyfriend is getting married. Looks like a few others are, too.
My ex isn't getting married, but he got engaged not quite a year after we got divorced. I feel sorry for the poor woman. I'd previously posted about this, but he gave her MY engagement ring. Which I wore for 4+ years!! Which is a champagne diamond in a very unique artisan setting. My ex asked for it back in the divorce settlement, thinking he was sticking one to me....I gave him the ring back, knowing he'd never get as much in trade or sale as he paid for it....never dreaming he'd GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE without even bothering to get it reset!! I don't think she has any idea that she got a used ring. It's one thing for your fiance to give you his mom's or grandma's vintage ring, but his ex-wife's? Who is still alive and well? I don't know my ex's fiancee as a person and will assume she is nice --- so who am I to ruin someone else's joy (even if that joy was bestowed by a snake) and say something to her?

Anyway, I am leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. No, I am not expecting a proposal. In my dream of dreams, I'd love one then. We will be in New Orleans....no kids, no work, no distractions. However, my BF and I have been down a rocky, rough road of late and I am hoping the voodoo magic and mystique of the city and the free-flowing Hurricanes will help us smooth things out so we can patch things up and move forward. An engagement is the farthest from my mind.

Fingers crossed for you, though, Junkenpoo! Fairy dust blowing your way from New Orleans!

Bridget in Connecticut.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 6:14:52 PM
Author: LegacyGirl

Wow I''ve never heard of this. Is there a reason? Or is it just something that started happening that way?
I might remember wrong, but I think it has something to do with an old Scottish law.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 7:41:51 PM
Author: anchor31
Date: 2/27/2008 6:14:52 PM

Author: LegacyGirl

I might remember wrong, but I think it has something to do with an old Scottish law.

Anchor might be right I only know cause a uni friend years ago told me she wanted to propose to her BF and decided she would then they are no longer together and she is now engaged to someone else. I looked her at weirdly when she told me the tradition as I had never heard it before but yep it is true they have also been having diamond ads with it in there as well.

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
After the converstion I just had I''m thinking NO!

Me: "Are you excited about tomorrow?"

Him: "Why?"

Me: Pretending I shouldn''t have said anything, "Well it''s a leap year....."

Him: "Well you hadn''t better be making any plans! If you proposed I would say no!"

Me: "Honestly?"

Him: "Yes!"

He was really grumpy about it and horrible! It''s great to feel loved!
26.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 1:36:33 PM
Author: chocolatefudge
After the converstion I just had I''m thinking NO!

Me: ''Are you excited about tomorrow?''

Him: ''Why?''

Me: Pretending I shouldn''t have said anything, ''Well it''s a leap year.....''

Him: ''Well you hadn''t better be making any plans! If you proposed I would say no!''

Me: ''Honestly?''

Him: ''Yes!''

He was really grumpy about it and horrible! It''s great to feel loved!
26.gif
He was grumpy?! No sense of humor about it at all?

Good luck tomorrow, Junkenpo!!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Nope, he was not happy! Think he thought that I was serious about it and he really does not want me to do it. He says he wants to do it himself and do it properly. The problem is I don''t know how truthful that is! What if he''s just SAYING he wants to get married but while I''m waiting for him to ask it could take as long as he wants. Grrrrr! Rant over!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I always feel like my timescale is so different than my bf''s. It seems like a lot of people are having that same feeling. Good luck with the 29th! I know I don''t have one coming, but hopefully someone else will have some good news?!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results