shape
carat
color
clarity

lazarre

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allygirl

Shiny_Rock
I recently saw a few diamonds . Two were Lazarre yet one of the AGS certificates was the older type and one was the newer. The newer certificate was for an SI1 (which I thought looked better under the scope than the VS2!). I posted last night, but have received very few responses and am wondering if the newer certificate should be a huge consideration rather than accepting an older type certificate. The one was dated August 2005 and the other (newer certificate ) was dated Feb 2006.

Who out there is a big fan of Lazarre''''s? Is it worth sticking to a diamond simply because it''''s a Lazarre??

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ally,

I don''t get out that much to look at diamonds, frankly. But, I did 18 years ago, and when I saw a shop of Lazarre diamonds, it was a defining moment for me, and I was very impressed. Two years ago I started my search for a diamond looking for these again. Eventually, I did instead buy a non-branded diamond at a nearby internet vendor...but I would have liked the opportunity to have compared it to Lazarre. Consider making such an opportunity available for yourself. Branded options on this board (WF, for example), could be ordered and compared. You have 10 days. Or, you can order non-branded for that matter. Ostensibly, options following correct cutting guidlines will compare nicely. But you should see for yourself. With lazarre, you''d pay a premium. Ultimately, it would be nice to have made this an informed decision.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 10:51:00 AM
Author:allygirl
I recently saw a few diamonds . Two were Lazarre yet one of the AGS certificates was the older type and one was the newer. The newer certificate was for an SI1 (which I thought looked better under the scope than the VS2!). I posted last night, but have received very few responses and am wondering if the newer certificate should be a huge consideration rather than accepting an older type certificate. The one was dated August 2005 and the other (newer certificate ) was dated Feb 2006.

Who out there is a big fan of Lazarre''s? Is it worth sticking to a diamond simply because it''s a Lazarre??
Lazare Kaplan stones have a long history of being fireballs. They were ahead of the curve on ideal cut stones. That said, they will carry a premium. There are diamonds out there without the pedigree that will rival in cut. It all comes down to whether you want to pay for the brand.

As far as the older cert - what is different about the cert? The older cert means that the diamond was probably in their inventory longer or could indicate (but only slightly) that the diamond was a trade in.

allygirl

Shiny_Rock
The OLD AGS certificate does not have the 0 for light performance from what I''ve found out. ALSO, you can tell which is the older certificate as the newer certificates have the blue bar running down the left side of the document.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
If I were shopping for diamonds sight unseen online I would probably want the newer certificate that grades light performance, but if you can see them in person I wouldn''t worry about the certificates. I have never seen a Lazare diamond but I understand that they are quite beautiful.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Ally I got to seem some of the lazzares in person today while browing at Radcliff, and yes if they are there they are probably pretty pricey but I will say this. THEY WERE GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results