shape
carat
color
clarity

LAZARE & Leo Schachter diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yupi

Rough_Rock
What are Lazare diamonds?
How much more expensive they are compared to non-branded diamonds?

What about Schachter''s 66 facets diamonds?

Another question about ideal cut diamonds. I''ve researched the chart about round diamonds and is interested to know what''s the price difference between 1A class and 2A class diamonds ?
rolleyes.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In round diamonds you will generally find the very best Ideal Cut diamonds, 1A, sell for a premium over other diamonds. The AGS 0 or AGA 1B stones that are not 'the best" command a bit less of this premium pricing although demand is good for all "Ideal" cuts regardless of how ideal they are.

Cut class2 stones, regular cut, but well made diamonds are only a few percentage points below AGS0 or 1B stones.

You can run a Pricescope search using various parameters to see this. You would also see that low cut quality diamonds tend to have a higher than expected "asking price". Dealers are not fools. They ask plenty for poorly cut stones, but will taker way less if you offer them the right amount. Sure, they will take your money if you don't make a low offer, so be careful. A free market is one where both parties have opportunities to be smart or foolish.

Yupi

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much, I believe that was very useful. Currently I am in Hong Kong, and after months of search, I shall conclude that it is a place where it is almost impossible to find my IDEAL stone.

Very few, I dare to say, amongst the consumers know much about the influence of CUT on the price. I spotted this 2A-2B cut 1.53 carat in Chow Tai Fook. This dealer is the only sightholder based in Hong Kong and has a good reputation.

But they don't even have idealscope or anything, and the sales people's diamond cut knowledge is down right poor.

angryfire.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I met with people from that company in HK recently.
They are not all that progressive. They are at risk of becoming a dinasaur.

HK is price, not cut quality focused
sad.gif

LK cut nice diamonds, but try to get a premium.
The 66 facet stones are only a benefit in +1ct sizes in my opinion. The same proportion rules apply.

Since you will be getting an ideal-scope, it will help you with all these stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results