shape
carat
color
clarity

lazar cut diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gnojham

Rough_Rock
hi all, new here
i just bought a diamond, probably would have been great if i had found this place about a month ago
i visited many places and realized that im no expert and everbody kept telling me "this is a really beautiful diamond, blah blah blah". so i decided to go to the place i felt the most comfortable and make a choice
it came down to a choice of a 1.2 lazar cut(it was inscribed) g/vs1 AGS , or a 1.54 g/si1 GIA(i dont have the angles or anything)i could not see any inclusions with just my eyes
the 1.54 looked damn near as good as the 1.2
the price was the same for either
is there a reason i should have picked one or the other??
im nervously looking forward to your replies
forgive me if this is in the wrong forum!!

gnojham

Rough_Rock
also, from reading today, i read something about lazar treating brown diamonds to make them clear? if i see a diamond that has LK on it, that doesnt mean it was treated, does it? and does a diamond treated in that manner have the same value as a naturally colored stone?

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Try typing "lazar" into the search function... Lots of threads when I did that. Hopefully some of those will help.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a SI-1, G, 1.55 AGS & I cant be more pleased! I love it & you can not see anything in that diamond but beauty. I would go for the size of course. haha As far as not having any angle #'s, it should be fairly easy for the jeweler that has the GIA stone to run a Sarin on it. That way, you'll get your angles.
1.gif

Judy
:)

gnojham

Rough_Rock
yeah, i already did that, got 23 threads

gnojham

Rough_Rock
I have a SI-1, G, 1.55 AGS & I cant be more pleased! I love it & you can not see anything in that diamond but beauty. I would go for the size of course. haha As far as not having any angle #'s, it should be fairly easy for the jeweler that has the GIA stone to run a Sarin on it. That way, you'll get your angles.

Judy
:)
---------------------------------
they did the isee2 deal with these 2 diamonds, the g si1 got a 6.9 overall, the lazar cut got a 9.3 overall
does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results