shape
carat
color
clarity

Layered studs in graduated sizes

flipside

Rough_Rock
Two years ago I found PS when I was looking for diamond studs for my second and third holes. I ended up getting 2 sizes to try for my second holes, deciding they looked great together, and keeping both. The pic below is of my 0.25 ctw, 0.5 ctw, and 0.6 ctw studs (all from JA) together.

After 2 years, I decided I wanted a sparkle upgrade, and ordered a pair of BG 1.0 ctw lab studs. The plan is to bump the 0.6 ctws up to the second hole, keeping the 0.25s in the top hole, and hopefully getting a little more size contrast (more of a graduated look). From some angles these look like they're almost the same size, and the 0.5s and 0.6s can be hard to tell apart when they're not on.

After wearing them almost nonstop for so long, I've noticed the three pairs each have their own personalities. The 0.25s punch waaay above their weight in sparkle, the 0.5s are more subdued and don't steal the show from hoops or drop earrings in the first hole, and the 0.6s are LOUD. I'm hoping the new ones will be more of a personality match with the 0.25s and 0.6s.

I've spent the entire last week completely overthinking this, wondering if it'll really look different, if I should have gotten a little smaller or larger (my piercings on the other ear are a little wonky), looking at every picture of graduated studs I could find, etc.

So I'm coming out of lurkdom to include you on my sparkle quest. Now the new ones have shipped -- eek! -- "after" pics coming soon!

1688691014858.png

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Two years ago I found PS when I was looking for diamond studs for my second and third holes. I ended up getting 2 sizes to try for my second holes, deciding they looked great together, and keeping both. The pic below is of my 0.25 ctw, 0.5 ctw, and 0.6 ctw studs (all from JA) together.

After 2 years, I decided I wanted a sparkle upgrade, and ordered a pair of BG 1.0 ctw lab studs. The plan is to bump the 0.6 ctws up to the second hole, keeping the 0.25s in the top hole, and hopefully getting a little more size contrast (more of a graduated look). From some angles these look like they're almost the same size, and the 0.5s and 0.6s can be hard to tell apart when they're not on.

After wearing them almost nonstop for so long, I've noticed the three pairs each have their own personalities. The 0.25s punch waaay above their weight in sparkle, the 0.5s are more subdued and don't steal the show from hoops or drop earrings in the first hole, and the 0.6s are LOUD. I'm hoping the new ones will be more of a personality match with the 0.25s and 0.6s.

I've spent the entire last week completely overthinking this, wondering if it'll really look different, if I should have gotten a little smaller or larger (my piercings on the other ear are a little wonky), looking at every picture of graduated studs I could find, etc.

So I'm coming out of lurkdom to include you on my sparkle quest. Now the new ones have shipped -- eek! -- "after" pics coming soon!

1688691014858.png

Looking forward to seeing the "after" pic! I'm sure it will look great!

flipside

Rough_Rock
THEY'RE HERE! Definitely a more pronounced graduated look, and definitely more blingy! (OK, they are crazy sparkly! I managed to open the box in some really good light and they were shooting rainbows at me).

The 1.0 ctw definitely have more of a presence from the front. That said, I'm not sure the people around me would notice this isn't the same trio of earrings I always wear -- unless they're very observant, they might just think I'd cleaned them, or maybe even gotten my hair cut.

I debated the size a LOT, but IMO this is a really good combo. I think anything larger would have overshadowed the others too much, and this mix offers a good combo of front view and side view, while doing a better job of hiding the fact that my piercings aren't evenly spaced.

Here are some "after" pics:

0.25 ctw, 0.6 ctw, 1.0 ctw.

1688772160648.png 1688772184661.png

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
This looks so great! Definitely notice the difference from you before pictures and I agree that it's a great combo! Enjoy!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
These look amazing! I have .25tcw in my second piercings and wear .6tcw in my first, so I'm digging this!

I do not need another piercing... Really, I don't...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My trio! Ears are impossible to photograph yourself. 1 ct diamond, diamond sun, small diamond quad.
IMG_5223.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results