shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender spinel from The Gem Trader (lots of pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I like it, it''s impressive.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2009 11:04:12 AM
Author: mochi
My favorite picture of this stone...
30.gif
my favorite picture too, you can see the great cut of this stone. Beautiful Mochi!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi, It is beautiful, I LOVE the color of it.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Mochi - that is a beautiful stone! You may know by now that spinel and tourmaline are my two favorite stones - this one is absolutely gorgeous!! Great find! Congrats :)

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone! The oval looks so classy that a diamond setting will be perfect.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous, gorgeous spinel mochi! And at an unbelievable price too, if I recall correctly. I am jealous
3.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable, canuk-gal, Charmy, Catmon, Mariedtiger, D&I, Linda, Jypsie, Simplysplendid : Thank you so much. It''s a nice size. The description didn''t mention that it had a color shift quality so I was pleasantly surprised.

Packrat: I''m going to check out Mariedtiger''s ring. I don''t really want any diamonds on this ring, I don''t think. Just want to keep it simple.
21.gif

MTG, Mare: I think it will look great in wg. Two-tone sounds wonderful so I''m going to keep that in mind.

Icekid: Thanks! Yes, it was very nicely priced, I almost felt guilty!
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about doing WF''s True Love or..shoot..there''s another semi bezel there but I can''t think of the name. I remember True Love b/c of Princess Bride!

Or maybe Julia Kay Taylor on Etsy? She''s done some gorgeous settings. Are you thinking white gold or maybe the argentium silver she works with?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 6:36:24 PM
Author: packrat
What about doing WF''s True Love or..shoot..there''s another semi bezel there but I can''t think of the name. I remember True Love b/c of Princess Bride!

Or maybe Julia Kay Taylor on Etsy? She''s done some gorgeous settings. Are you thinking white gold or maybe the argentium silver she works with?
Oh, I love WF''s True Love. I also love the Keystone setting as well. Julia Kay does a beautiful job with rings. Must keep her in mind. I think I''m going to have to keep it in a box for a bit, tough. I just made another major gemstone purchase yesterday....
31.gif
I can''t say what right now, but definitely will be taking a bunch of picture of that one!!!!
9.gif
10.gif
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful stone. Lovely color shift.
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 7:21:13 PM

Oh, I love WF''s True Love. I also love the Keystone setting as well. Julia Kay does a beautiful job with rings. Must keep her in mind. I think I''m going to have to keep it in a box for a bit, tough. I just made another major gemstone purchase yesterday....
31.gif
I can''t say what right now, but definitely will be taking a bunch of picture of that one!!!!
9.gif
10.gif
9.gif

It is beautiful, and a very nice size.

Did you buy something on ACS????
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is absolutely stunning! What a fantastic color!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 10:58:22 AM
I love the blue (when I saw this gem, I thought of Freke!!)
Funny you should say that--I inquired about it!

Love that you got it though--it''s just BEAUTIFUL! Can''t wait to see what you do with it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 7:21:13 PM

31.gif
9.gif
10.gif
9.gif

Keystone, yes, that was the other setting I was thinking of!

And heeeey now, no fair ya big tease!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lovely Mochi! Puts me in mind of Married Tiger''s new ring - very Winter. I think some of these blue toned stones are begining to turn me. And not a good time for that to happen. I get to meet Stephen Avery on Thursday, lots of lovely rocks to look at!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Really gorgeous blue
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I like the colour shifting to blue. Nice stone. I enjoy dealing with Brad – very prompt, honest and helpful. I think it’ll look great in white gold too. Have you considered rose gold for this one? I’m wondering how it’ll look since the purple flower picture shows that the stone will really pop against reddish background.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that''s beautiful! I really like the east/west half bezel idea!!!
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really like the color shift and the SIZE is amazing! Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results