shape
carat
color
clarity

Laurie Sarah Designs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

YSQueen

Rough_Rock
I''m still a LIW and am helping look for a ring. I came across Laurie Sarah Designs and wondered if anyone had used her and how the quality was. She has a regular website, but also has a etsy shop that showcases all her custom rings.

The one that I was looking at looks like this:

I would love some input.

PinkSapphire5369.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I have not heard of her, but that is a very pretty ring! (and I don''t usually like halos:)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve worked with her on a setting for earrings. It was basic (just plain YG drop earring settings) so I can''t comment on her pave quality, etc. She was very pleasant to work with, the setting was done well, but I don''t think I''ll really purchase anything else from her - her pieces are pretty expensive.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
It seems to me that she buys stock settings and sets the stones herself, which I would not call I am not sure I would call a custom design. When she says that she can "customize a piece directly from scratch"....I have no idea what that means. Many of her mounts look semi-mounts that can be found all over Ebay from LOGR and other dealers. I wouldn''t buy from her.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
AHHH! I love her! She's designing my right hand ring! She's lovely and flexible, and her pieces are amazing. I would strongly recommend her. She will literally design any custom ring however you want it. She made my ring from scratch, I've seen the wax casts she made to fit my asscher stone.

Indy Lady: she makes the settings herself with her husband. They are both jewelers. I have a LOGR and hers is better made, in my opinion.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Pinkasscher, are you certain that they are hand-forged?

ETA: I do appreciate hearing another review, and I apologize if I was incorrect in thinking she uses stock settings.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 10:12:04 PM
Author: IndyLady

ETA: I do appreciate hearing another review, and I apologize if I was incorrect in thinking she uses stock settings.

Yes, I featured her work on a website of mine not long ago. She does all of her work with her husband, and it''s downright brilliant. Her prices are high compared to some, but it''s worth it - she goes all out for her customers. I''m hoping to get one of her settings someday!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 10:12:04 PM
Author: IndyLady

Yes, I''m sure. I asked in advance because I really did want something built around my stone and not just a pre-constructed setting. Her work really is good, even if it''s a little on the pricey side.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
You mean made from a wax cast right? When I think of hand forged I think of starting with a lump of metal ( or strip) and cutting, filing , or hammering away at it to get the desired shape. Know what I mean? But anyway I do like the ring in the photo. I''ve been working with metal for about 7 months now but have yet to try wax. I really want to though. You can do so much with it!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Her web site is here
http://web.mac.com/lauriesarahdesigns/LaurieSarahDesigns/Welcome.html

I think her stuff looks heavier ( in a good way) than the LOGR pieces. Just my opinion. I don't own either so I'm just going by photos.

YSQueen

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input. Would any of you consider using her for setting an engagement ring? That''s what the ring is specifically for.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and I love the color of pink.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results