shape
carat
color
clarity

Latest ACS posts on 1st Dec - 10:00 MST

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the e-mail I received fron Barry:

Dear Friends of ACS,

The December update of the ACS website will be in place at 10 am, MST, on Monday,
December 1st. The site will be open for browsing the educational content but closed to
searching or shopping for about 2 hours before the update is posted.

Site News: I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome for me as the new owner
of ACS. It is greatly appreciated . I would also like to welcome those of you who have
recently subscribed to the newsletter and thank those of you who submitted questions
for the "Ask Barry" column. Hopefully the Gem of the Month essay and "Ask Barry"
will be in place when the update takes place.

New items for December: The new collection includes several new jewelry items. From
Ben Kho comes a gorgeous pair of blue Peruvian opals bezel set in 14K white gold ear-
rings. Another pair of earrings from Ben feature a pair of watermelon tourmalines set with
bezels which follow the crystal faces. Ben''s cat''seye moonstone pendant is also a beaut-
iful addition. Another striking jewelry item is a pair of boulder opal earrings bezel set in
14 K. Tourmaline fans will appreciate the bi-color pendant set in a custom white gold
mounting and for jadeite fans there will be a pair of interlocking honey jadeite heart earrings
and a carved lavender jadeite pendant. For collectors of antique jewelry will be a pin from
the 1920''s set with a high quality lapis. Also included in the new collection will be six pairs
of small 14K earrings for holiday gift giving. My contributions to the jewelry collection will
be a 14K three stone ring with matching ''umbalite'' garnets and a Tanga garnet pendant and
earring set.

New cabochon additions will include three beautiful and natural examples of
turquoise, the birthstone for December, from classic Arizona deposits, fashioned by Joel
Baskin and a spiderweb pear from a recent find in China. An exceptional fire agate rounds
out the new cabochons for December.

New faceted stones include a top color tsavorite garnet and a flawless tanzanite with out-
standing color. My contributions to the December listing will be several tourmalines with
colors ranging from orange to blue/green, including an extremely bright medium green
chrome tourmaline oval and a classic ''Afghan green'' rectangle. I will also be listing a
cushion cut heliodore, a pair of matching blue spinel ovals, a round brilliant blue spinel
and a blue sapphire oval. On the subject of sapphire---I''ve decided to include the round
purplish-blue sapphire from the November listing because I have a picture of it in natural
light and it has an interesting color change. I will also be adding four amethysts to the
list--two round brilliants, an oval and a large Victoria cushion. Newly listed garnets will
inlclude an 8.8mm round brilliant pink, a 9.0mm round brilliant from Malawi, a pink/red
oval ''Tanga'', a pair of 6.5mm rounds for earrings, a 6.9mm round bright yellow grandite
and a fiery red/orange Nigerian spessartite. A large electric blue topaz Victoria cushion
and a blue topaz supernova oval round out my contributions to the new December stones.

Monthly special (forgot to mention it in last month''s newsletter..) All Jewelry Items.

Birthstone of the Month: Turquoise Alternates: blue zircon, blue topaz, tanzanite

Thanks again for the warm welcome in November and have a safe and fun holiday season!

Barry

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I am lovin this right now

ww.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=139&idproduct=2567

greenlittlelady1256.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
YUM!!!
9.gif

2.90ct Afghan Tourmaline.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 1:03:49 PM
Author: stepcutnut
YUM!!!
9.gif
You just got this?!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

I also love that oval chrome tourmaline!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has some beautiful gemstones. Everytime I look at one I am interested in..... it is SOLD!!
39.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That Malawi garnet sure went fast. Gone by the time I remembered to check this morning. So was the little Grandite garnet.

But, I did snap up the little blue sapphire (0.65 ct) for a future stacking ring project. I figure a BB Burmese sapphire will be pretty nice!
9.gif

s-1762g_909_general.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 9:41:13 PM
Author: Fly Girl
That Malawi garnet sure went fast. Gone by the time I remembered to check this morning. So was the little Grandite garnet.

But, I did snap up the little blue sapphire (0.65 ct) for a future stacking ring project. I figure a BB Burmese sapphire will be pretty nice!
9.gif
I saw that sapphire. Would make a wonderful little ring.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! All these beautiful stones are giving me chest pains!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oooohh, I want THIS!
Darn, why must I have spent all my $$ on diamonds lately, lol..who thinks I need some colour in my life...?
31.gif

pinky tourm.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Are these too much together???

2.21ct(8.5x7.1mm) Chrome Tourmaline.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

Flygirl-that is lovely and I think it would be perfect for a stacker ring!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 7:50:21 AM
Author: arjunajane
Oooohh, I want THIS!

Darn, why must I have spent all my $$ on diamonds lately, lol..who thinks I need some colour in my life...?
31.gif

AJ-I think you need that one!!!
31.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2008 9:06:45 AM
Are these too much together???

It is hard to say... can someone do a photoshop of them together??

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a really bad photoshop job!!!

chrome and sapphires.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
A little better!

chrome and sapphires2.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm... I don''t know.... I think the stones are "upstaging" one another if that makes since. I see some pretty white sidestones with that lovely green beauty. Didn''t you just buy an L colored diamond? What about the half moon sapphs with that? ...OH wait, you chose those lovely step cut pears!!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oooohh, I want THIS!

31.gif

haHA AJ! We want the same things--the JM, the peachy gems--what else?
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I made a couple purchases
31.gif
.... but... neither were from the new stones Barry just posted though (and can I say he is the nicest EVER?? so friendly and thoughtful!)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 6:49:22 PM
Author: coatimundi

Oooohh, I want THIS!

31.gif

31.gif
I know, like, totally get out of my head!! (said in squealy teenage voice, rofl)..

What else...hrmmm..how about my new custom bezel OEC necklace a la JBEG style...?
41.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:09:33 AM

Oooohh, I want THIS!

31.gif

AJ-I think you need that one!!!
31.gif
Me too - wanna gimme a loan ....?
3.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

9.gif
You little...! I had my eyes on that stone, but it was gone by the time I decided to buy.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 3:10:50 AM

Oooohh, I want THIS!

31.gif

31.gif

I know, like, totally get out of my head!! (said in squealy teenage voice, rofl)..

What else...hrmmm..how about my new custom bezel OEC necklace a la JBEG style...?
41.gif

Add me to the club lusting after the peach pretty

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 6:29:46 AM
Author: Deelight

Oooohh, I want THIS!

31.gif

31.gif

41.gif

Who's gonna buy it so I can be a voyeur? I'm all out *turns pockets and lint falls out*.....
7.gif
2.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 5:20:22 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
hmmm... I don''t know.... I think the stones are ''upstaging'' one another if that makes since. I see some pretty white sidestones with that lovely green beauty. Didn''t you just buy an L colored diamond? What about the half moon sapphs with that? ...OH wait, you chose those lovely step cut pears!!
30.gif

CCN-I will know more when I see the Chrome Tourmaline in person and can set the 3 stones together. I love color so don''t mind that the combo is bright. I did consider using the half moons with my new cushion, but wanted more finger coverage than they would afford. I do have a pair of step cut trills and a pair of shields that I also am considering using with the chrome tourmaline too...I guess time will tell :)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great with the blue half moons. It''s nice to see jewelry designs with accent stones other than just white diamonds (not that white diamonds aren''t very pretty too, just some variety is good.)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 6:59:35 AM
Date: 12/3/2008 6:29:46 AM

Author: Deelight

Oooohh, I want THIS!

31.gif

31.gif

41.gif

Who''s gonna buy it so I can be a voyeur? I''m all out *turns pockets and lint falls out*.....
7.gif
2.gif

If it is still there when I get a job I will :D

GemNeophyte

Rough_Rock
I picked up the Tanga Garnet earrings and pendant set. The stones are beautiful. They are clean and a very bright raspberry shade. I cannot take a good picture for the life of me and the light bulb gives it a soft golden cast

GN

Tanga Garnet Earrings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results