shape
carat
color
clarity

Last Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gloria

Rough_Rock
Would any of you experts be so kind to tell me if you think that a radiant cut, 0.54 ct. diamond, measurements: 5.75 x 4.27 x 2.83 MM
Table: 81%
Depth: 66.20
is a good cut?Thank you very much!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gloria,Does this diamond have a lab certificate? Try to get a copy of it and post all of the measurements. That will help the experts help you.lawmax
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,What lab did the cert come from? I believe experts have noted that the crown height percentage is key with radiants. Some like it to be around 12% if I'm not mistaken (of course I could be). Try to compare a few with similar color, clarity, and differing table, depth and crown percentages. See if you notice a difference and see if you can compare them in different types of lighting. Whatever you do, don't just go by what diamonds look like in those blaster gem lights that some dealers pop onto the counter or have above. They make everything look good, but nobody lives life under those lights!
smile.gif
Keep us posted,lawmax
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Gloria, fancy shapes are very difficult to judge based only on data. They should be viewed alive. Based on D. Atlas charts for radiant, http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm , the table of this diamond is too large. Large table usually causes less fire (dispersion). Do you have more info on proportions: crown and pavilion?Have you seen it? How does it look like? To be absolutely sure whether it worth it's price you might need advice of an independent expert.

tr055.jpg

Gloria

Rough_Rock
Dear Leonid and Lawmax,Thank you very much for your reply.The measurements I wrote came straight from the certificate.The diamond itself looks great. I even looked at it under different lights and with and without lenses.I liked how it looked, but I wanted some expert to tell me if a table of 81% and depth of 66.20 are recommended for a radiant cut, 0.54 ct, which measures 5.75x4.27x2.83 MM.Thanks again! I really appreciate your time.
G.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree with Rock, but I would add that I prefer a smaller table size too. Maybe in the mid 70's.Gloria, if you like the diamond, that's the most important part....... enjoy------------------

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
It has been my experience that the best looking stones have a MINIMUM of a 10% ( preferable 12%) crown.This of course also requires the relevancy of a REASONABLE crown angle as well. Over-shallow or over steep crown angles can negatively affect the stone brilliance and dispersion as well.nfortunately, most radiants and princesses do not have this crown height.. common to find from 4-7% but 10+ is harder to find.rockdoc
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results