carat
color
clarity

last post before buying - please help decide

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash carries Tacori settings I believe

They do; however, the diamond was purchased from BGD, so she’d need to reach out to WF to see if they would set an ‘outside stone’ from BGD. In this case, for a few reasons I won’t go into here, I think it may be a good idea to check with BGD first to see if they can get one (even if they aren’t an ‘authorized retailer’) before I went anywhere else. And that’s not intended to cast shade in any way on WF, especially since they’re usually my first recommendation.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
They do; however, the diamond was purchased from BGD, so she’d need to reach out to WF to see if they would set an ‘outside stone’ from BGD. In this case, for a few reasons I won’t go into here, I think it may be a good idea to check with BGD first to see if they can get one (even if they aren’t an ‘authorized retailer’) before I went anywhere else. And that’s not intended to cast shade in any way on WF, especially since they’re usually my first recommendation.

General rule of thumb you get your setting done where you buy your stone from for good reasons.

darena

Rough_Rock
Yes, Whiteflash sells Tacori settings, but sending off the outside diamond is going to be pain.
He told me that he would do appraisal and setting for $100. Which is not a bad deal. I already know how much the setting is, so, he won't be able to mark up.
But I just do not want to deal with him because of the bad taste from his up-selling tactics and what I have just learned.
There are two more Tacori dealers in the town. One is Robbins Brothers and the other one is also a local jeweler.
I will call them both and ask about their setting fees.
Thank you for your input!

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
@darena Remember to ask them if they’ll set AND insure outside stones too - as your BG diamond wasn’t purchased from these jewellers. Agree to not let the original jewellery set yours. And also agree to check in with BG to see if they can source and set the Tacori for you.

darena

Rough_Rock
@darena Remember to ask them if they’ll set AND insure outside stones too - as your BG diamond wasn’t purchased from these jewellers. Agree to not let the original jewellery set yours. And also agree to check in with BG to see if they can source and set the Tacori for you.

Oh. Do I understand it correctly that prior to bringing my BG stone to any local jeweler, I need to insure it? Whether by myself or by a local jeweler.
I am not sure if any of local jewelers would agree on that. But I will ask.

In order for me to insure the stone, I would need to get an appraisal. After I get an appraisal I would bring the stone to the local jeweler. But then I will need another appraisal, because the setting won't be included in the first insurance policy. So, I would have to appraise and insure my ring twice.

So, basically, I am spending another $200 on appraisals plus another $100- 200 on setting fees.

I will ask BG if they can order the setting for me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. Do I understand it correctly that prior to bringing my BG stone to any local jeweler, I need to insure it? Whether by myself or by a local jeweler.
I am not sure if any of local jewelers would agree on that. But I will ask.

In order for me to insure the stone, I would need to get an appraisal. After I get an appraisal I would bring the stone to the local jeweler. But then I will need another appraisal, because the setting won't be included in the first insurance policy. So, I would have to appraise and insure my ring twice.

So, basically, I am spending another $200 on appraisals plus another $100- 200 on setting fees.

I will ask BG if they can order the setting for me.
You can sometimes get insurance with the receipt alone (rather than an appraisal). But it's always significantly easier to get the stone + setting from one place.

darena

Rough_Rock
Ok. That makes sense

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results