shape
carat
color
clarity

Laserdrilled Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the hole where diamonds are laserdrilled left open, would this not attract dirt and dust?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the hole is filled with glass then the stone is labelled fracture filled and GIA will not grade it because they do not know what else the glass is hiding.

The size of the hole is about VVS1 status and since the laser hole is usually about VS status - it makes very little difference if the stone has a teeennny dirt spot.

I have no qualms about laser drilled if it is declared. Resale can be difficult though.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply Cutnut. Why is the hole and the tube two different sizes - is the entry hole the smallest and the tube larger?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you - I forgot about the length and was just thinking you meant width. If it is vvs size I take it the average person would not even be able to see the entry hole with a 10x loupe - what woudl you say?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do most sellers declare to the buyer that a stone has been laser drilled or is it normally not disclosed?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And uncertificated - do most sellers tell the customer, as I would imagine most laser drilled diamonds will not be certificated - is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results