shape
carat
color
clarity

Laser inscription

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

longjing

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to engrave on a diamond using technology other than laser?
I noticed the engrave on my diamond is not deep enough to be view under 6X scope.

mmmuffin

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know where I can get a message inscribed on a diamond solitare? I want to inscribe a nice message for my friend on her diamond solitare but can't seem to find a place that does that.
Pleeeese Help.
confused.gif

mmmuffin

Rough_Rock
I live in British Columbia, Canada and don't know where to get my solitare inscribed. Any one know of a place?
cry.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Longjing: The inscription on the girdle edge of a diamond is only three microns deep. However the issue isn't the depth of the inscription, but rather the degree of magnification you are trying to use. 6x magnification isn't even industry standard for diamond grading, 10x magnification is the standard, 6x is more suitable for looking at coins and stamps, etc. We use 30x diamond grading loupes to read the inscriptions, but 40x and higher is preferable... It is likely that you will need to take the diamond to a jeweler or gemologist who has a gem scope in order to see the inscription clearly... And in reality, the inscription is really intended to assist you with identifying your diamond when you drop it off and pick it up from a jewelry store so use their gem scope to locate the inscription when you drop off and pick up the diamond - they should be willing to assist you in locating the inscription AND the primary "grade maker" inclusions during their "take-in" and "delivery" process as part of their normal service... If they're not, they don't deserve your business.

As far as having something inscribed on your solitaire mmmuffin, we assume that you are referring to having something "short" engraved on the inside of the ring shank? If so, just about any jeweler should be able to do that for you quite reasonably, the equipment is inexpensive and easy to use and most jewelers have it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results