shape
carat
color
clarity

Laser inscription -options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
For those who have been helping me, you are aware that I will soon buy a 3c princess.

I have a few questions related to laser inscription.

1) I have looked at a dozen stones so far at B&M places. None were inscribed. Is this typical?

2) Is it possible to have it inscribed as a contingency of purchase? If so, what type of cost can one expect and, who/where does one have that performed?

3) Are there any "negatives" on having this done?

4) Is this recommended by the PS experts??

Thanks, all!

read.gif

Shappy

Rough_Rock
If your stone is certified by GIA you can have a laser inscription done I think if the cert is less than 6 months old. You have to submit the stone for recertification which is running about two weeks. It costs in the neighborhood of $200. You can call the GIA to verify that this info is correct, just go to their web site and get connected with the "lab".
I'm not sure what the benefit is, you do get a plot of the inclusions and if you can see any under a loop, the inclusions are plotted on the certificate and it's easy to identify your stone.
Anyway, I'm no expert but I did get get a stone verified at the GIA--that only takes 1 day if you walk it in.

Thanks Shappy for your response. Also, luv the dog pic.....i have a yorkie, or as I refer to her, 91/2 # of attitude. But I am lucky that she lets me live with her...LOL

I was thinking that inscription would it make it easier for the consumer to validate that they has the correct stone when having anytype of service performed vs going the route of the appraiser. I would still look to use the appraiser to validate the specs of the stone.......i plan to research your comments...thanks!

read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results