shape
carat
color
clarity

Laser Inscription: Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

averagejoe

Rough_Rock
I have seen several retailers offering diamonds which are laser inscribed with a brand name or certificate number. Does laser inscription add or detract from the value of the diamond if it is resold in the future?

drewg350

Rough_Rock
Hey Lawmax, just curious, which Branded stone did you chose? Any particular reason? Thanks!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Averagejoe, it rather add some value since it helps you to identify the diamond. Although it is not expencive as you said many vendors now offer this service.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
A laser inscription is good for identification purposes-when you bring your stone in for cleaning, you can look at the laser inscription before leaving with your diamond to be sure it is your diamond you got back. It can also be good to have a brand name on your diamond for resale purposes as brand name diamonds often cost more and "should" offer some assurance about the quality of the cut. I would say this depends on the brand.A personal inscription like "To JB from TC" would probably be a problem in terms of resale.On the other hand, a laser inscription can be polished off pretty easily (if a diamond is stolen or some other scenario), and any store that buys a laser engraving machine can put any inscription they want on any diamond.Most jewelers can be trusted not to engage in stone-switching but it can happen and does.It is good to know what the inclusions in your diamond look like-you can always make sure that the jeweler shows you what yours look like under a microscope and that they match your lab grading report before you leave your diamond and then again afterwards.My diamond is inscribed with the brand name and certificate number and I'm glad.Hope that helps,lawmax

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Drew,My husband bought me an EightStar from Steve L. He knew how particular I am about diamonds and just liked it better than any of the others he was shown. He looked at the EightStar in a tray along with a branded H&A stone, unbranded, ideal cut, etc. He said he took the tray outside and the EightStar just stood out.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I'd be happy to make a fuss
smile.gif
but from a technical standpoint, it would be good to get Steve's point of view.
smile.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Then again Lawmax is pretty special too.Tell your husband hello Lawmax, and I want a ride with him one day!------------------

drewg350

Rough_Rock
Congrat's on the "Eightstar"!! I have heard and read so much on them I have to go see some over at Jonathan's Goodoldgold business. What was it that really stood out about it? Was it the Fire? I've heard so much about the awesome color disply. Was the brilliance comparable to other well cut stones? Are the "arrows" real apparent when you look at the stone compared with others? I'm just curious because I've heard so much about them. Congrat's again on a beautiful choice of branded stone. Thanks!!!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
StevL, may be you can tell us what deferentiate 8* from others when looking with the naked eyes? Lawmax doesn't want making fuss about it
smile.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Look at it this way. It doesn't detract from the diamonds look, or its value, it does offer some identification. So the question is why not have it?Save money?
No, we offer this service for $20.00 if you want something added or a first time inscription, so it doesn't really cost much either. Most people do enjoy knowing they have an easy way to ident their own diamond.------------------

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I do believe you were asked a direct question!
smile.gif
Educate us.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
StevL, frankly there is not so many dealers here at all (i'm not sure whether it's too bad, if you know what i mean)
smile.gif
I cannot imagine you writing the sales pitches
smile.gif
So please do. Perhaps we'd need another thread for that.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Drew, Lawmax told me that she cannot express it in words. It is just special and different than others - that's all
love.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now you are asking me to say something and I don't want anyone to think this is a sales pitch, as I do carry a couple brands. There are many beautiful diamonds out there, and you have many dealers on this forum.Are you sure you want me to go there? You know I would be happy to
smile.gif
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results