shape
carat
color
clarity

laser inscribed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
How could a normal everyday citizen get her stone laser inscribed? I want to make sure my diamond doesn''t get switched

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Very few people have laser inscription machines. THey are pricey. Dave Atlas has one.

However that said, I would prefer gemprint. In the long run its probably less but more effective than a laser inscription.

Why? Now that the laser inscribing machines are being sold to whomever wants one or has the gelt ($$$) for it, it is available.
The benefit ( or perceived benefit ) you can look for the marking. The downside is that with the advent of jewelers being able to buy their own laser inscription machine, its credibility can be questioned. Someone who has the machine or access to one, can take a cubic zirconia, or a lower quality diamond and mark it the same way yours was. The exception to this is to have GIA do it ( if it has a GIA report since they have a trademark as well as a number, which many of the generic inscribers don''t do.

With Gemprint the id is positive, and it doesn''t mark the stone, but the downside is each time you want to verify that it is the same stone it has to be reimaged again. Check out gemprint.com and you can learn a lot more about it. You can also search their site for the dealer in your area is.

If you have a really valuable stone, some insurance companies wont insure it unless it has been gemprinted. In additional lots of insurance companies give discounts ( see the site for who gives discounts).

Hope this helps

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results