shape
carat
color
clarity

Larimar Loveliness!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been looking for a piece of Larimar for about a year, and I found one I couldn't resist! Oh my goodness, I love it! Big? What does that mean? ;-)

larimar1.jpg

image_4111.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It has a lovely looking texture to it - does it feel really nice when you turn it in your hands? I'm a very tactile person, and think I'd probably not be able to take my hands off it. Enjoy - it looks lovely (and not too big at all :appl:)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alex T|1449779369|3959918 said:
Beautiful! It has a lovely looking texture to it - does it feel really nice when you turn it in your hands? I'm a very tactile person, and think I'd probably not be able to take my hands off it. Enjoy - it looks lovely (and not too big at all :appl:)

It's funny that you ask, because YES, I am touching it a lot, and I told my husband that running my fingers over it reminds me of the sensation of an Andes Candy dissolving in my mouth, haha!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1449779760|3959921 said:
Alex T|1449779369|3959918 said:

It's funny that you ask, because YES, I am touching it a lot, and I told my husband that running my fingers over it reminds me of the sensation of an Andes Candy dissolving in my mouth, haha!

:lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful on you! :appl: I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of it either! :dance:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Larimar! I own a few pieces myself. That stone is HUGE! I have never seen one of that size. I looks gorgeous on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! :love: I had not heard of it before, but I absolutely love the color. Reminds me of turquoise.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Rockinruby & luv2sparkle!

diamondseeker2006|1449943181|3960659 said:
That is beautiful! :love: I had not heard of it before, but I absolutely love the color. Reminds me of turquoise.

It has a couple of qualities that turquoise doesn't have, which are translucency and chatoyancy. If you shine a light through it, you see a gorgeous aqua (the translucency), and if you move it in the light, the white sections seem to change and sort of sparkle (chatoyancy). It feels more smooth than turquoise, too. It comes from only one location, a particular mine in the Dominican Republic. My goodness, I love it! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like petoskey stone. Cool!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!! I love the turquoise/aqua/pool color and it looks like it would be velvety soft and smoooooth!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely will check into it! I had been looking for some pieces with turquoise because I wear that color in the spring and summer. But I will have to look at this now!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful color. ..I don't even know what it is! Need to go do some research. It looks lovely on you!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is very cool!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, ladies! I really love it - more than I expected to, even.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful pendant! It reminds of the Aegean sea. :love:

Thanks for posting the photos. I've been intrigued by larimar for a while so I was glad to see a piece on PS. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful in your Tourmaline! I have never seen this before. Gosh it really is beautiful.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1449761377|3959824 said:
I have been looking for a piece of Larimar for about a year, and I found one I couldn't resist! Oh my goodness, I love it! Big? What does that mean? ;-)

It is lovely, it looks like a pool in the sun. There is no such thing as big when it comes to jewelry, the only size is just right.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, ladies! I have worn out the leather cord already, haha. I don't want to hurt it with metal, so I have it on silk cord now. I think I want to find leather cord, though. I liked it best on that. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results