shape
carat
color
clarity

Largest ct size for daily wear?

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a 2.1 carat now, although since it's an OEC, it's cut a little deeper and faces a little smaller. I probably can sport a 3 carat and be comfortable with it. It's the Bay Area, so diamond sizes vary wildly.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very happy with my 5 ct - not too big in my opinion :bigsmile: :halo: I wear it every day, even for running with the dog, and it has never been a problem.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1466589217|4046589 said:
I could happily wear the right 12-14 mm OEC diamond daily. Not a problem at all. And I could go larger if it is an emerald cut diamond.
But I do have large hands and long fingers so I think the proportions would be pleasing. At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :cheeky:

Here is my OEC perspective shot. Bea is 10.36 by 10.52.
See? I could definitely go larger. :Up_to_something:
Never would have guessed it without a pic, but I do think you could. At least a smidge before it hangs off the side! :bigsmile: ;)) Beautiful ring Missy, it really looks lovely on your hand. :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1466600625|4046614 said:
Ellen|1466599478|4046606 said:
My diamond studs however, at .60 each, are bigger than I'd like. Wish I would have gone/stayed smaller.

I know, who says that??! :bigsmile:

Oh, I understand. My 1ctw pair is just right and I don't want any bigger (unless an asscher, but I would like the same face up size, even if the weight is more because of depth).
Well, I see I am in good company! ;))

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no size limit. :Up_to_something:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could easily wear a 5 carat and not feel uncomfortable. I currently wear a 3.5 carat. I don't think people really even notice jewelry much unless they love jewelry to begin with.

Missy, I WANT Bea!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1466615448|4046686 said:
Phoenix said:
I currently wear my 5.318ct solitaire on a daily basis. My social circle varies, ranging from nothing to 20ct D IF.

If I had all the money in the world, I'd easily rock several 10-15ct rocks of higher specs (like D IF or Type IIa). We are talking an unlimited budget, no?! :naughty:

And yes, diamonds shrink as one gets older, lol. My engagement ring was a 1ct; and at the time, I thought it was huge!

I used to work in a Big 4 and my 3ct then was a little uncomfortable, at times. Now, I'm self-employed and can wear whatever I like! :loopy: :lol:

Oh, I am a size 4 on my LH.

:-o

WE NEED PICS OF THIS 20CT D IF!!!!!

PI, hidden camera, stealth mode, something!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Ha ha ha, Trekkie, you're too funny!! :lol:

I'll definitely try. :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix - I recall you saying that you workout. I REALLY think that your gym is a bling gym, where weights are diamonds of different carats. :naughty: Am I right? :lickout:

Q

Queenie60

For me - 3carat is large enough. My rings size is 4-3/4 (actually 4.5 but I like it to fit during summer) My e ring is a 2.71 carat pear with a millgrain halo which is large enough for me. If I went with a round brilliant I would want a 3 carat solitaire.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I'm honestly not sure. I am hoping to try some rings on before I upgrade. I think my comfort level might be around 1.5 or less. I already have jewelry that I don't feel comfortable wearing especially when I volunteer at certain places. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1466687261|4047066 said:
I could happily wear the right 12-14 mm OEC diamond daily. Not a problem at all. And I could go larger if it is an emerald cut diamond.
But I do have large hands and long fingers so I think the proportions would be pleasing. At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :cheeky:

Never would have guessed it without a pic, but I do think you could. At least a smidge before it hangs off the side! :bigsmile: ;)) Beautiful ring Missy, it really looks lovely on your hand. :appl:

Thank you Ellen. That is so nice of you to say. :wavey:

Calliecake said:
I could easily wear a 5 carat and not feel uncomfortable. I currently wear a 3.5 carat. I don't think people really even notice jewelry much unless they love jewelry to begin with.

Missy, I WANT Bea!!!!

Callie, when you visit you can wear her the whole time if you want to. :appl:
Is that enough incentive? :naughty:

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So my sweet spot for daily wear is around 8-8.5mm, or 2-2.5ct. That's BIG for my town and day to day life. 1ct is considered big here. I recently sold a 2.93 OEC set in an understated bezel because I felt that was a big big for me, but then a 3.40ct vintage Asscher walked into my life, so... :bigsmile:

I'm banking on the fact that step cuts look more understated than OECs, lol. I haven't gone over 3ct in YEARS. So I'd say definitely that this asscher is the biggest I could ever imagine going, and I plan to set it in a bezel to keep it as understated as I can. Funny how the scale can keep changing though lol, a couple months ago I would have said 2ct is the biggest!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1466772756|4047477 said:
Ellen|1466687261|4047066 said:

Thank you Ellen. That is so nice of you to say. :wavey:

Calliecake said:

Missy, I WANT Bea!!!!

Callie, when you visit you can wear her the whole time if you want to. :appl:
Is that enough incentive? :naughty:

Missy, Please, please don't tell me that. I'm trying to get over the disappointment that I won't be there next week with you. Your comment about Bea is only making me cry harder!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My largest was my 3 ct and I felt that was a good size for me. Though sometimes people thought it was too big to be real and always asked me if it was a CZ.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Completely O/T, but you looked completely different in my head, missy :???: :lol:

P

PierreBear

autumngems|1466787776|4047568 said:
My largest was my 3 ct and I felt that was a good size for me. Though sometimes people thought it was too big to be real and always asked me if it was a CZ.

Oh geezzz.. not very polite. Where those strangers or friends who would ask you whether it was a CZ?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear,

Both strangers and friends would ask me if it was a CZ.

P

PierreBear

autumngems|1467206495|4049627 said:
PierreBear,

Both strangers and friends would ask me if it was a CZ.

So sorry to hear that... but it must mean that you wear it so confidently! Also apologies on my grammar error earlier. Were not where... boo on me!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer people to think my jewelry is safe. No incentive to mug me or rob my home LOLOLOLOL!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1466691337|4047086 said:
I have no size limit. :Up_to_something:

Madam B., I guess that make you the ultimate size queen. ;-) :lol: :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results