shape
carat
color
clarity

Larger, non-round Montana sapphires?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Anais

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''m looking for a Montana sapphire between 1 and 1.5 carats (ish), but I hate round cuts and most of what I''ve seen are small round stones. It''s for an engagement ring, to be set in platinum ... heat-treated doesn''t matter. I like trillium and really, almost any cut except round. Hoping to find a nice blue or blue-grey (like my fiance''s eyes). He has family ties to Montana so I''d really love a Montana stone.

Thanks for your help!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wildfishgems now carries Montana sapphires. Link Here's a pretty little trillion.

mtb090wildfish.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I can''t really help you but I love the sentiment that will go along with your stone!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Montana sapphires are often small, so it's harder to find a big stone. But there surely are some out there, you just need to hunt for the right one! Dan Stair often has Montana sapphire rough, I'd give him a call.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Anais,

Odd, got an email last week for almost the same thing! Most of what is available is from Gem Mountain, meaning heat treated with a green component in the color.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow flygirl that color is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea to pick a stone from Montana. I have found Montana sapphires by just searching for them but never bought any that way. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results