shape
carat
color
clarity

large stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KaRon

Rough_Rock
How much should(rough idea?)for approx. 3 ct., VS,G Regent or square radiant with a good cut? I know there are a million variables, but I need a little reality check. Very difficult to find anything local to even look at. Thanks
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Radiant: about $25K give or take a couple of grands
1.gif

not sure about Regent though

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I think a Regent would loook awesome @ 3c...small problem they don't have larger stones now...but if you like the look (I love it :) you can have one made...don't know the cost though...

You can chat with Jonathan at Good Old Gold..or wiht Cary Horowitz @ Horowitz and Atlass (the cutters)...I believe he told me he had made a 3c for someone...not me :(.

Best of luck in your search...

diane

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw your post about the setting you want, sounds gorgeous. Somewhat possibly like the older cushion cut stones (which are kind of like roundy squares) with the antique looking thin ring shank of around 1.5mm...stunning. That is my favorite look. Very popular recently too. A big 3c rock would look amazing on a thin band. People always question the safety of the thin shank, but many of the rings I have seen around are early 1900's and obviously they were made to last.

I've seen a few 3c stones at upscale jewelers around N.CA...one in particular in Tiburon had an amazing 3c full cut stone from early 1900's...was Shreve and Co from back then. Beautiful. Was $25k I think.

Good luck!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Mara (sorry to hijack this thread!), what store in Tiburon did you see this at?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hest-I posted a thread on this a while back...don't have time to look for it right now...but if you care to see my entire rave about this ring and the place, check it out in my posting history. I think the store was called Old Gold...and its in downtown Tiburon. We have been there 2ce, they have really great looking mens rings that we were checking out, and both times they have had one or two stunning large honkers of a stone, either cushion or full cut or similar, and the settings they have there are amazing. Pricey but the place has some great stuff. The antique Shreve and Co was a beautiful piece, the workmanship was very detailed. It's amazing to think that a piece such as that was worn in the early 1900's! I'm fascinated by old rings and stones.
1.gif

Chris1

Rough_Rock
The wife of a friend of mine has a ring with a 3 carat radiant cut center stone with 2 trilliants on the sides on a simple platinum setting. She said the center stone is E color, VVS 1. It costs her $43,000 for the entire ring and was independently appraised for $75,000 retail. That was about 5 years ago.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara. I think I *have* been to that place--when we were shopping for my e-ring. We ended up getting the ring in San Anselmo, though, but now you've reminded me I'll have to go back.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Aw Richard, if you saw me you wouldn't make that mistake.
2.gif

Actually, Hest is short for Hester, the name of my dear departed cat--if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results