shape
carat
color
clarity

Large old cushion cut-how would you set it?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh can’t wait to hear more. My thoughts went straight to @twosanguinehearts ring! Gorgeous!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/omg-it’s-my-omc-a-6-2-carat-dream.260146/page-5#post-4830381
69642C75-2EA2-4114-A35A-57E44AB75F81.jpeg

IMO this was the best setting I could have chosen for this stone. It’s 11.78mm and my finger is a 5. It‘s balanced and doesn’t spin. Definitely make sure you don’t size it too big - snugger is better to prevent it flipping.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to seee!!!!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Design meeting tonight.. matching bands will be hammered yellow gold.. haven't seen any design sketches from the goldsmith yet.. then we'll hammer out details. SO excited...

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, the overall design has been hashed out. Polished yellow gold for the main setting with a separate his and hers hammered yellow gold and diamond set. East west 8 flat prongs with a trio of rb’s on the sides. Something like these but no bezel. I’ll see the cad in a week or two. Ignore everything in this example except for the flat prongs

56E459CE-F097-4047-92AC-53C7EC479537.jpeg

ean

Brilliant_Rock
IMO this was the best setting I could have chosen for this stone. It’s 11.78mm and my finger is a 5. It‘s balanced and doesn’t spin. Definitely make sure you don’t size it too big - snugger is better to prevent it flipping.

HOLY COW!! Why am I just now seeing this.

Well, the overall design has been hashed out. Polished yellow gold for the main setting with a separate his and hers hammered yellow gold and diamond set. East west 8 flat prongs with a trio of rb’s on the sides. Something like these but no bezel. I’ll see the cad in a week or two. Ignore everything in this example except for the flat prongs

56E459CE-F097-4047-92AC-53C7EC479537.jpeg

That's so cool! It's like a bezel but with a twist! Can't wait to see the CADs.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, I've seen the wax, and I've seen the head. And I wish I had taken photos of both of them. What blows my mind, is that he carves everything. And has done so with everything he's made for 30 years. I'm used to new fangled laser tech and printers. I'm a little uneasy-but that's only because i'm not used to a real craftsman working on my pieces. We spent over an hour going through every detail down to discussing the chemistry of the shade of the gold and alchemy to get it there from 10, 12, and 14 kt and all the alloys inbetween. What a journey this is. My original band is now 5x thicker [realizing mount st helens of a stone would look ridiculous on such a thin band] and he even carved out in detail the sides as if he knew I wanted it tapered in-between the side stones and the center. I'm sorry for the lack of photos ps'ers. We'll have to wait another 2-4 weeks on this. When I tried on the wax, there was 0 real estate left from the bottom to the top of the knuckle. You'll see what I mean when it's finished..can't wait!

Well, I've seen the wax, and I've seen the head. And I wish I had taken photos of both of them. What blows my mind, is that he carves everything. And has done so with everything he's made for 30 years. I'm used to new fangled laser tech and printers. I'm a little uneasy-but that's only because i'm not used to a real craftsman working on my pieces. We spent over an hour going through every detail down to discussing the chemistry of the shade of the gold and alchemy to get it there from 10, 12, and 14 kt and all the alloys inbetween. What a journey this is. My original band is now 5x thicker [realizing mount st helens of a stone would look ridiculous on such a thin band] and he even carved out in detail the sides as if he knew I wanted it tapered in-between the side stones and the center. I'm sorry for the lack of photos ps'ers. We'll have to wait another 2-4 weeks on this. When I tried on the wax, there was 0 real estate left from the bottom to the top of the knuckle. You'll see what I mean when it's finished..can't wait!

No pics?? *wipes away tear*

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh the build up!!! :dance:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Can’t wait!! Who is the designer?

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just a local guy who became [by accident] a client of my husband.. all of this came about literally the day after we purchased the diamond and I found myself in need of a new jeweler out west. Just another peg in the proof positive that nothing happens without a reason.. such luck I have.. I really cannot wait to show you all. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of that wax though.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well the update has arrived, and our bands are complete. Roz is not complete yet. But I DID get to try her on and discuss prongs once again as the bands were dropped off tonight. So naturally, I got the camera out, and went CRAZY. What you see below is a 10th of the amount of photos and videos I took. As I screamed with my hand over my mouth, and the lights on high ..I snapped away in glee.

roz_unfinished.jpg
Our Bands.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my God. Wow. Just wow. Look at that coverage! She's like an armor, a weapon hahaha. I am so excited for you :)

Can't wait to see the finished product. This has got to be the biggest diamond I have seen on someone I know (a PS'er at least hehehe).

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Update..one of his tools broke last week and he was waiting on a part- It should be soon.. this week..new pictures coming. I was trying to research the time period a piece like this would have come from. It looks so very old. I am completely enamored. The next time I post, it will be with pics.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud, what a stunner! :-o

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I’m out celebrating so just a few quick snaps. Just got her today. She is massive. We have overcast and the sun is in and out. I have videos bu I’m heading to dinner more in a day or so.

Attachments

• 642106DE-8BC2-472C-B474-0ABF8CD10B5B.jpeg
    642106DE-8BC2-472C-B474-0ABF8CD10B5B.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 63FD7F27-5CA0-4141-BC28-DE03E7743BC0.jpeg
    63FD7F27-5CA0-4141-BC28-DE03E7743BC0.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 42

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I’m out celebrating so just a few quick snaps. Just got her today. She is massive. We have overcast and the sun is in and out. I have videos bu I’m heading to dinner more in a day or so.

HOLY MOLY!!!!!! Yes please give us lots lots lots more pictures when you have time! That is magnificent!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Well..she is here. Roz has entered the building..hammered gold bezel is leading the pack for design elements. I'm also going to create hubbies ring/matching band/set in the process. We will see where we end up. More updates as design elements are solidified.

roz1.jpg

Stunning stone. Just stunning :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wish I knew how to take better photos but this is the best my tech will allow today ladies ty for coming along with me :) the side stones were inherited as well as the diamonds in the bands. The head came out different than expected but all in all definitely made me cry today.. my niece [who will inherit this one day] is going to lose her mind. She has no idea it was made with two different generations of heirloom diamonds.

rx4.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I knew how to take better photos but this is the best my tech will allow today ladies ty for coming along with me :) the side stones were inherited as well as the diamonds in the bands. The head came out different than expected but all in all definitely made me cry today.. my niece [who will inherit this one day] is going to lose her mind. She has no idea it was made with two different generations of heirloom diamonds.

rx4.jpg

Ok I CANNOT with this amazing jewel!!!! It’s honestly perfection on your hand - the size, the shape, the color tones. It’s AMAZING!!! Enjoy and post so many more pics!!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Well the update has arrived, and our bands are complete. Roz is not complete yet. But I DID get to try her on and discuss prongs once again as the bands were dropped off tonight. So naturally, I got the camera out, and went CRAZY. What you see below is a 10th of the amount of photos and videos I took. As I screamed with my hand over my mouth, and the lights on high ..I snapped away in glee.

roz_unfinished.jpg
Our Bands.jpg

Can you tell us more about your band? I’m looking at a similar style ring right now that’s brushed 18k gold. Do you know how many mm thick it is? Do you pair it with Roz or wear alone? Thank you!

3D1461C0-EA17-4824-9C82-9CDD0ACA8266.jpeg

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Can you tell us more about your band? I’m looking at a similar style ring right now that’s brushed 18k gold. Do you know how many mm thick it is? Do you pair it with Roz or wear alone? Thank you!

3D1461C0-EA17-4824-9C82-9CDD0ACA8266.jpeg

I love your band choice as well it’s very similar to mine. My guy told me nothing about the specifications but because I requested the comfort fit everything slides on and off easily. The diamonds are gypsy set and the finish was hammered.
Edited: I can’t wear it with Roz so I wear it on the right. I can’t really wear anything with roz lol nor would I try.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results