Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Large old cushion cut-how would you set it?

twosanguinehearts

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh can’t wait to hear more. My thoughts went straight to @twosanguinehearts ring! Gorgeous!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/omg-it’s-my-omc-a-6-2-carat-dream.260146/page-5#post-4830381
69642C75-2EA2-4114-A35A-57E44AB75F81.jpeg

IMO this was the best setting I could have chosen for this stone. It’s 11.78mm and my finger is a 5. It‘s balanced and doesn’t spin. Definitely make sure you don’t size it too big - snugger is better to prevent it flipping.

blingmeupscotty

Shiny_Rock
Well, the overall design has been hashed out. Polished yellow gold for the main setting with a separate his and hers hammered yellow gold and diamond set. East west 8 flat prongs with a trio of rb’s on the sides. Something like these but no bezel. I’ll see the cad in a week or two. Ignore everything in this example except for the flat prongs

56E459CE-F097-4047-92AC-53C7EC479537.jpeg

ean

Shiny_Rock
IMO this was the best setting I could have chosen for this stone. It’s 11.78mm and my finger is a 5. It‘s balanced and doesn’t spin. Definitely make sure you don’t size it too big - snugger is better to prevent it flipping.

HOLY COW!! Why am I just now seeing this.

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the overall design has been hashed out. Polished yellow gold for the main setting with a separate his and hers hammered yellow gold and diamond set. East west 8 flat prongs with a trio of rb’s on the sides. Something like these but no bezel. I’ll see the cad in a week or two. Ignore everything in this example except for the flat prongs

56E459CE-F097-4047-92AC-53C7EC479537.jpeg

That's so cool! It's like a bezel but with a twist! Can't wait to see the CADs.

blingmeupscotty

Shiny_Rock
Well, I've seen the wax, and I've seen the head. And I wish I had taken photos of both of them. What blows my mind, is that he carves everything. And has done so with everything he's made for 30 years. I'm used to new fangled laser tech and printers. I'm a little uneasy-but that's only because i'm not used to a real craftsman working on my pieces. We spent over an hour going through every detail down to discussing the chemistry of the shade of the gold and alchemy to get it there from 10, 12, and 14 kt and all the alloys inbetween. What a journey this is. My original band is now 5x thicker [realizing mount st helens of a stone would look ridiculous on such a thin band] and he even carved out in detail the sides as if he knew I wanted it tapered in-between the side stones and the center. I'm sorry for the lack of photos ps'ers. We'll have to wait another 2-4 weeks on this. When I tried on the wax, there was 0 real estate left from the bottom to the top of the knuckle. You'll see what I mean when it's finished..can't wait!

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I've seen the wax, and I've seen the head. And I wish I had taken photos of both of them. What blows my mind, is that he carves everything. And has done so with everything he's made for 30 years. I'm used to new fangled laser tech and printers. I'm a little uneasy-but that's only because i'm not used to a real craftsman working on my pieces. We spent over an hour going through every detail down to discussing the chemistry of the shade of the gold and alchemy to get it there from 10, 12, and 14 kt and all the alloys inbetween. What a journey this is. My original band is now 5x thicker [realizing mount st helens of a stone would look ridiculous on such a thin band] and he even carved out in detail the sides as if he knew I wanted it tapered in-between the side stones and the center. I'm sorry for the lack of photos ps'ers. We'll have to wait another 2-4 weeks on this. When I tried on the wax, there was 0 real estate left from the bottom to the top of the knuckle. You'll see what I mean when it's finished..can't wait!

No pics?? *wipes away tear*

Mreader

Brilliant_Rock

Can’t wait!! Who is the designer?

blingmeupscotty

Shiny_Rock
Just a local guy who became [by accident] a client of my husband.. all of this came about literally the day after we purchased the diamond and I found myself in need of a new jeweler out west. Just another peg in the proof positive that nothing happens without a reason.. such luck I have.. I really cannot wait to show you all. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of that wax though.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.