shape
carat
color
clarity

large knot inclusion on table

betrayed

Rough_Rock
Many signs I ignored dealing with this vendor.First told it is a clean ring and yes it looked very good first trip (bait and switch??) Was told a knot was internal. It is the biggest knot seen in my research. I had thought it was a cloud before we saw GIA report. Feel so stupid.Nothing was present on first inspection highly magnified. RED FLAG for SI2. On final visit, after purchase, EVERYTHING was visible, including a stranger bright white triangle. Knot is on surface. Is this less brilliant?? It is GIA certified. .I so I am an idiota but this has been so devastating and so many pressure salespeople guilt tripping me . First betrayal was when my wedding ring of 25 years and my Nana's ring "mysteriously " disappeared. I am devastated and feel betrayed.That's a whole other story.
So would you ever buy this SI2, F color, 1.5 round brilliant? I thought SI2 would be okay.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Not tracking what you're saying here, sounds like you want a refund?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Could be bait and switch but who really knows. If I chose a diamond I'd want to see the laser inscribed number and verify it.

Since it's GIA certified you could post the number or the specs and we can give you an idea of how good the diamond is.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Return it and get your money back.

Then come here and let us help you find a diamond from an honest vendor.

And no, SI2 is not always safe by any means. VS2 and higher are usually safe. Many SI1s are safe but some are not. Lots of risk with SI2 but there are decent ones if you search. Cut is the most important factor.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
"First betrayal was when my wedding ring of 25 years and my Nana's ring "mysteriously " disappeared."

WTH are you still dealing with a jeweler who lost 2 rings :wall:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you are not happy with it so return it if possible. No, SI2s are not usually good. Occasionally you can find one
that is decent but in general, no.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
betrayed|1450627486|3963867 said:
Many signs I ignored dealing with this vendor.First told it is a clean ring and yes it looked very good first trip (bait and switch??) Was told a knot was internal. It is the biggest knot seen in my research. I had thought it was a cloud before we saw GIA report. Feel so stupid.Nothing was present on first inspection highly magnified. RED FLAG for SI2. On final visit, after purchase, EVERYTHING was visible, including a stranger bright white triangle. Knot is on surface. Is this less brilliant?? It is GIA certified. .I so I am an idiota but this has been so devastating and so many pressure salespeople guilt tripping me . First betrayal was when my wedding ring of 25 years and my Nana's ring "mysteriously " disappeared. I am devastated and feel betrayed.That's a whole other story.
So would you ever buy this SI2, F color, 1.5 round brilliant? I thought SI2 would be okay.
It sounds like you saw a GIA report along with a stone on the first visit, but the stone did not have the same charateristics you found obvious upon delivery. That scenario does sound like a possible bait and switch and as such is very concerning.

The information you received about the inclusion also does not inspire confidence. A knot by definition comes to the surface. If it is internal it is called a crystal.

Can you post the GIA report or the the report number?

Bottom line, as others have suggested, you should return the diamond - you are clearly not satisfied! If vendor is not willing to refund or exchange, you may have other options. If you paid by credit card, you have some recourse there.

Can you post the GIA report or the the report number?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results