shape
carat
color
clarity

large earring backs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amsmeq

Rough_Rock
Different threads on this forum recommend large earring backs to stop earring droop

My mum has basket set 2.0tcw studs with large backs (the round bit that sits agains the ear is twice the diameter) and her earrings dont droop at all

I have been looking for a pair of these backs but have not been able to find any in gold (only in plastic - - Yuck)

I have seen some photos on PS with similar backs

Can anyone help me with sourcing these non custom backs

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jeweler should be able to find them for you no problem. I have a pair I wear with my 9mm (can''t say here) studs...they work sooo well. I think you should be able to get them for around $20 per pair. Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes ask your jeweler, we call them monster backs. They come in WG, YG and platinum.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ladies are right, any jeweler will have them. Kaleigh called them monster backs, we call them elephant backs. Just make sure to bring a couple of pairs of your studs with you. That tiny hole in the earring back comes in lots of different sizes and you''ll want to make sure they''re snug. I paid $16.- for yellow and $18.- for white.

debhew

Rough_Rock
I bought a gigantic pair (9.5 mm) on EBay in White Gold and they worked like a charm with my new earring jackets. The seller is kareneb. They were $35 though so maybe your Jeweler would be less expensive.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did get mine from the jeweler, but I remember finding them on the web too, in case you want to go that route. EASY! I think I just messed around Googling things like "really big earring backs." Good luck!

amsmeq

Rough_Rock
Thankyou all so much - - ive ordered some

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results