shape
carat
color
clarity

Large diamond, good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jill

Rough_Rock
I've found a diamond as follows: Gia Certificate
Round Brilliant
8.88-9.00x5.72mm
3.01 carats
depth 64%
Table: 63%
Girdle: slightly thick to very thick faceted
culet: none
Polish : very good
Symmetry: good
Clarity: SI 1
Color: E
Fluorcense: none

This is pricing at USD25,500.00 Is this a good deal, if so how much usd discount am I getting? Should I grab it?

buttercup

Rough_Rock
I'd say for a 3.01 E SI1 that is a great price. The closest comparison I found on pricescope was
3.01 E SI1 65% 53% EGL medfacet no gd vg mb 9.17-9.08x5.93 $27108

the only thing is...i'm definitely no expert...but that diamond of yours is kinda deep. it's still a great price, but do you want to spend over $25K on an average cut diamond?

the smart experts will help you out more than me.
good luck!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2002 9:11:16 PM

I've found a diamond as follows: Gia Certificate
Round Brilliant
8.88-9.00x5.72mm
3.01 carats
depth 64%
Table: 63%
Girdle: slightly thick to very thick faceted
culet: none
Polish : very good
Symmetry: good
Clarity: SI 1
Color: E
Fluorcense: none

This is pricing at USD25,500.00 Is this a good deal, if so how much usd discount am I getting? Should I grab it?
----------------

That diamond was cut to preserve carat weight, but not to maximize light return. If you haven't already, try reading the tutorial on this site. Then you can decide if you still want that diamond. You may want to compare well-cut diamonds to this type of average cut to determine what you prefer. Ask for a Sarin report on the diamond so you can get the crown and pavilion angles and then you can run the numbers through the cut adviser here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results