shape
carat
color
clarity

LaPousette backs for diamond earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stretch123

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm new here!!!

I have a question about LaPousette backs for diamond earrings. I want to get my butterfly backs on my new diamond earrings changed to LaPousette backs, but I have one question. Are the new posts that the jeweler has to put in for the LaPousette backs going to be heavier than the post I have already? I don't want a heavier post so that's why I'm asking.

Also, will the LaPousette back be right up against my ear? Will the earrings look the same from the front or will they look different because there is a different backing? Thanks!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I doubt the posts for the la pousette backs will be any heavier. MY friend had screwback diamond earrings and had the posts and the backs changed to the la pousette (she couldn''t get the screwbacks in) and they were if anything narrower.

I have la pousette backs and I can move them right up against my ear if I want or have them farther away from my ear. The earrings from the front should not look any different. Hope this helps.

stretch123

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information.....I think I am going to keep the butterfly backs for now.....I love my new earrings and don''t plan on taking them off anytime soon, other than to check the backs every so often to make sure that they aren''t getting lose and/or dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results