shape
carat
color
clarity

Langerman Diamonds

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone bought from langerman-diamonds.com before?
Any reviews?
Considering a couple of FCD's from them.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they tend to be more expensive than Liebisch, and unlike Liebisch, they don't always provide GIA repots before pricing an expensive FCD, so don't pay too much on an expensive stone without having a GIA report first. For example, if there's a stone graded "Fancy pink," and is $$$$$ without a GIA report, I would pass on it.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1404487329|3706732 said:
I think they tend to be more expensive than Liebisch, and unlike Liebisch, they don't always provide GIA repots before pricing an expensive FCD, so don't pay too much on an expensive stone without having a GIA report first. For example, if there's a stone graded "Fancy pink," and is $$$$$ without a GIA report, I would pass on it.

Yeah I'm looking for smaller stones, relatively inexpensive. And I would get a GIA report if I bought them. A orange and a Grey.
I have an inquiry in with Lebish for stones of that type as well. I have bought from Leibish before.

Any other sites that are suggested?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1404489926|3706746 said:
TL|1404487329|3706732 said:

Yeah I'm looking for smaller stones, relatively inexpensive. And I would get a GIA report if I bought them. A orange and a Grey.
I have an inquiry in with Lebish for stones of that type as well. I have bought from Leibish before.

Any other sites that are suggested?

Hmmm, well, don't buy from Langerman until you compare apples for apples with similar stones with Liebish. As for Langerman's return policy, I don't know what to say on that, but Liebish, from what I hear is very accomodating, and will even offer trade ups I believe. Someone like Kenny would know more about that than I would. I never purchased from either company, all I know is that the issue of pricing a valuable fancy colored diamond BEFORE getting a GIA report on it, is not something that sits well with me.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Hi BP!!!! How have you been doing?? I knew the FCD bug would hit you-lol. After buying your pinks-you just can never have enough of them-lol. Are these for you now? Anyway, I don't know anyone who has actually bought from Langerman-although I believe they are certainly legit. My favorites are Leibish and DBL having bought FCDs from both repeatedly. You could look at Red Diam as I know some people on here have purchased from them and been happy. I wouldn't buy anything from them without a GIA report, but it looks like you already know that. They sell on ebay, too and I notice many of the listings say "best Offer", so I would probably try to negotiate prices with them, too. I guess I consistently go back to Leibish because of their accurate photos, quick delivery, and great return policy. Not to mention- I think they have great FCDs!!

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1404496957|3706791 said:
Hi BP!!!! How have you been doing?? I knew the FCD bug would hit you-lol. After buying your pinks-you just can never have enough of them-lol. Are these for you now? Anyway, I don't know anyone who has actually bought from Langerman-although I believe they are certainly legit. My favorites are Leibish and DBL having bought FCDs from both repeatedly. You could look at Red Diam as I know some people on here have purchased from them and been happy. I wouldn't buy anything from them without a GIA report, but it looks like you already know that. They sell on ebay, too and I notice many of the listings say "best Offer", so I would probably try to negotiate prices with them, too. I guess I consistently go back to Leibish because of their accurate photos, quick delivery, and great return policy. Not to mention- I think they have great FCDs!!

Hey pinkjewel,

The bug most certainly has! Seeing how my FI reacted to the pink and how she was showing it off to everyone, I can't help but get more.

This is again for my FI as a wedding present. I too would prefer to buy from Leibish, but they dont have diamonds that small listed on their website. I have contacted them to see if they have anything in stock.

I have also put a inquiry into DBL to see what they have too. I'll look into Red Diam too. Thanks for the reco.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi BP,

I know I are looking for smaller stones. I am also in the market for a couple. I will share with you my experiences so far. AThere are a few places that have FCD's. PJ mentioned a few and from my memory:
JA
Denir
Red diam
Naturally coloured diamonds- David isban....
African gems - really good pricing in smaller stones
DBL
Leibish
Langermans

For what I was looking for in the past 3 months: I dealt with langermans, leibish( bought from them before), denir:

Langermans- haven't bought there but have been dealing with them with my enquiries- yes the prices are similar to stones without certificates, but they are happy to get one for you. They just don't get one outright before the stones go in the site. Odd, but they have lots of stones compared to the other sites I have been to. They are a little slower in replies than leibish. Very accommodating - they take videos of stones that you are interested in, if there isn't one available already. I was on the verge of saying yes to a stone but the video convinced me otherwise. I ended up choosing from leibish in the end- better stone, and better customer response.

I think Kroshka is helping her friend out at langermans this week and she may report back for PS.

Denir- really, really slow with replies- had to prompt them twice to get the images u wanted. In the end they still didn't provide what I wanted, but what they provided was a reasonable compromise. The stone wasn't as good as leibish.

Leibish- love the service- accommodating and very helpful.

DBL- have dealt with them via email in the past and David is acccomdating. However, from what I read, the photography of the stones may not be as accurate as what leibish can provide.

Happy hunting!!!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Ishay Ben David Diamonds are a FCD vendor I've seen mentioned here

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
LoversKites|1404546382|3707138 said:
Ishay Ben David Diamonds are a FCD vendor I've seen mentioned here

Yes- I think there is some family connection with Leibish. Not positive, but before Leibish opened an office in New York, I think US returns were routed here. They never list prices which bothers me, and ,on the whole, they seem to carry larger and more expensive diamonds- but they are legit.

eta- BP, what size diamonds are you looking for?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel- when I looked over there, some of their less expensive stones had prices. But yes they do seem to carry finer diamonds. I love your collection, by the way, and I hope your pink diamond heart ring project is going well.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
LoversKites|1404584105|3707366 said:
Pinkjewel- when I looked over there, some of their less expensive stones had prices. But yes they do seem to carry finer diamonds. I love your collection, by the way, and I hope your pink diamond heart ring project is going well.

Thanks!! Unfortunately, the pink heart project is stalled right now- just nothing has come together on it. :(( so, it is on a back burner for now and I'm working on a bluish green diamond project instead!! =) I should have that put together in a few weeks. :naughty:

eta- and good to know that Ben Ishay is putting at least some prices on their site!!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1404603270|3707482 said:
Thanks!! Unfortunately, the pink heart project is stalled right now- just nothing has come together on it. :(( so, it is on a back burner for now and I'm working on a bluish green diamond project instead!! =) I should have that put together in a few weeks. :naughty:

eta- and good to know that Ben Ishay is putting at least some prices on their site!!

That's great! I look forward to seeing it here.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking for diamonds in the 3-4mm range. So about .15 cts

I think I have found most of what I was looking for.

But if anyone here wanted to help look my current search is to find a Orange diamond in that size. Cushion, Oval, Heart, Pear, Round in that order of shape preference. Yellow modifer is ok. Brown is ok as long as it doesn't end up being a burnt orange. Prefer a brighter orange.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
blackprophet|1404760199|3708299 said:

But if anyone here wanted to help look my current search is to find a Orange diamond in that size. Cushion, Oval, Heart, Pear, Round in that order of shape preference. Yellow modifer is ok. Brown is ok as long as it doesn't end up being a burnt orange. Prefer a brighter orange.

I'll keep my eyes open for one. So, I'd love to hear what you are planning if you'd like to share!! ;-)

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1404767416|3708383 said:

I'll keep my eyes open for one. So, I'd love to hear what you are planning if you'd like to share!! ;-)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/artistic-jewelery-designer.202459/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/artistic-jewelery-designer.202459/[/URL]

This is the original thread I started. The description is on there.
If you have suggestions on a designer to use I'd love to hear it.

Getting two lab grown Diamonds from D.NEA. Have a yellow I'm getting from Leibish and looking for an orange to complete the set.
I've been back and forth with Ari and hoping they have something. I also seen another one on a different site that I like, but its a bit more than I'd like to pay.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great to hear you are working with Leibish.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
blackprophet|1404769568|3708404 said:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/artistic-jewelery-designer.202459/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/artistic-jewelery-designer.202459/[/URL]

Getting two lab grown Diamonds from D.NEA. Have a yellow I'm getting from Leibish and looking for an orange to complete the set.
I've been back and forth with Ari and hoping they have something. I also seen another one on a different site that I like, but its a bit more than I'd like to pay.

interesting concept and design. that's a tough one for a designer recommendation. I think you may need someone with a modern touch that will work with a customer's smaller gems. Is there not a goldsmith in your area you can work with? You might try Greenlake- I think they could do something like what you're wanting, but will probably be pricey. What colors are the 2 lab diamonds?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1404911572|3709680 said:

interesting concept and design. that's a tough one for a designer recommendation. I think you may need someone with a modern touch that will work with a customer's smaller gems. Is there not a goldsmith in your area you can work with? You might try Greenlake- I think they could do something like what you're wanting, but will probably be pricey. What colors are the 2 lab diamonds?

Someone suggested Greenlake.
There is a goldsmith that I have in mind in my area. I'll see if they will take the project on.
One is blue. The other I'd like to be green, so I'm going to try and see if I can get one of those.

ETA lol at "interesting". Everyone who has read that description must think I'm crazy.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
blackprophet|1404935377|3709931 said:
pinkjewel|1404911572|3709680 said:

Someone suggested Greenlake.
There is a goldsmith that I have in mind in my area. I'll see if they will take the project on.
One is blue. The other I'd like to be green, so I'm going to try and see if I can get one of those.

ETA lol at "interesting". Everyone who has read that description must think I'm crazy.

haha- I'm just having a hard time visualizing it. that's really why I'd think you'd be better off with a local designer that you can actually sit down with and sketch with you right there to help. It's just very different from anything I've seen done- that's not a bad thing at all. =) And, no, I don't think you're crazy. I know you mentioned wanting all FCDs, but you might want to consider a demantoid garnet for the green gem- they really have incredible dispersion. I bought a small one from Jerry Newman to possibly mix with some FCDs. Take a look-he has some more on his website. Maybe he could cut one in a different shape for you, too. His cutting is awesome!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the same thought with regards to setting my FCDs with a demantoid (small and sparkly) but in reality, they didn't work well together. Despite the FCDs being Fancy Intense, the demantoid still stuck out as odd since it was deeper in tone and has better saturation.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1404994204|3710366 said:
I had the same thought with regards to setting my FCDs with a demantoid (small and sparkly) but in reality, they didn't work well together. Despite the FCDs being Fancy Intense, the demantoid still stuck out as odd since it was deeper in tone and has better saturation.

oh, yeah- I remember that now, Chrono. Do you think since he is using grays and orange instead of pinks and yellow like yours that it might work better?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Here is what I am currently considering. Let me know what you think.

Orange
0_27.jpg

Grey
0_26.jpg

Yellow
image004_7.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1405020671|3710727 said:

Orange
0_27.jpg

Grey
0_26.jpg

Yellow
image004_7.jpg

Not sure if that's camera shadow on the first one, but it looks dark in the middle and brownish. I expect that to have a brownish modifier (does it??).

The middle one is a nice pure grey, medium tone and looks pleasantly cut. If you like greys, it's a nice grey. Greys aren't for everyone.

The yellow is nice, but we can't see the sides or how thick the girdle is and with yellow a GIA report is very important because there is a big difference in price depending on the intensity of color.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
blackprophet|1405020671|3710727 said:

Orange
0_27.jpg

Grey
0_26.jpg

Yellow
image004_7.jpg

How many do you want total? What do the ones look like that you already have? Are the colors supposed to mean something to each of you and do you have a specific way you want to use them in your "heart" For instance is the grey and orange on "your" side- you get where I'm going with this. You need to think of them as a group and how they'll look together in the final piece. Shapes, saturation, etc. Or does it not matter? Are the grey and orangey/brown one about.13 to .15ct? If so, you probably won't notice that's the orangey one is a little darker in the center.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Damn had a almost completed post and lost it.

None of these have GIA reports (the yellow has a Antwerp IGI report). Do you think I need to insist on one?
I was considering sending them to GIA once I got them. And I figured because they were so small I wouldn't need a report.

The orange is brownish yellowish orange. It's .13.

The grey is .15. I love greys. I think it looks great.

The yellow can be found here: http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/018ct-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-vvs1-100717-16933..

The shapes and the colours all have meaning. The yellow and orange would be together with possibly an AVC. The grey would be with the blue and green lab growns. I think they go together. The blue lab grown is fancy light blue so that might be the only outlier.

I might just go yellow and orange for her and blue and grey for me. Haven't fully decided yet.

Opinions?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1405028534|3710841 said:

None of these have GIA reports (the yellow has a Antwerp IGI report). Do you think I need to insist on one?
I was considering sending them to GIA once I got them. And I figured because they were so small I wouldn't need a report.

The yellow can be found here: http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/018ct-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-vvs1-100717-16933.....

The shapes and the colours all have meaning. The yellow and orange would be together with possibly an AVC. The grey would be with the blue and green lab growns. I think they go together. The blue lab grown is fancy light blue so that might be the only outlier.

I might just go yellow and orange for her and blue and grey for me. Haven't fully decided yet.

Opinions?

Unfortunately, the only report that counts in the world of FCD's is GIA. If it's discounted a lot, and seems relatively inexpensive for what it is, than IGI would suffice I suppose, but only a true collector or purist, would insist on a GIA lab report because in the world of rare colored FCD's, it's the only one that holds weight. I wouldn't bother with it if the FCD was inexpensive or a low demand color. Then an IGI would be okay I suppose to deem it natural of course.

The stones are small enough, and not super rare colors, to warrant GIA reports, and Liebish is very reputable.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

The yellow can be found here: http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/018ct-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-vvs1-100717-16933....

Opinions?

I wouldn't worry about the yellow as I trust Leibish and it's probably fine with an IGI report. I don't know- it's up to you about the other 2 whether you want to spend the dollars for a GIA report or not. I have a .13 light pink which I bought with a GIA report (color only). I don't know how much a color only report is and whether you want to spend the extra money for it or not- depends on the price of the diamonds, I guess. I like the grey one. I'm not as sure of the orange one. In your design you're putting the warm colors together (yellow and orange) and the cool tones together (grey and blue). Is that what you planned? I like the idea of adding the AVC and the green as I think it balances your colors a little better.
eta- just looked at your yellow on Leibish's site- looks very vibrant and a yummy yellow color!!

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1405036824|3710933 said:

The yellow can be found here: http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/018ct-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-vvs1-100717-16933.....

Opinions?

I wouldn't worry about the yellow as I trust Leibish and it's probably fine with an IGI report. I don't know- it's up to you about the other 2 whether you want to spend the dollars for a GIA report or not. I have a .13 light pink which I bought with a GIA report (color only). I don't know how much a color only report is and whether you want to spend the extra money for it or not- depends on the price of the diamonds, I guess. I like the grey one. I'm not as sure of the orange one. In your design you're putting the warm colors together (yellow and orange) and the cool tones together (grey and blue). Is that what you planned? I like the idea of adding the AVC and the green as I think it balances your colors a little better.
eta- just looked at your yellow on Leibish's site- looks very vibrant and a yummy yellow color!!

What aren't you sure about for the orange? Just what you have said above?

Yeah the price of the GIA reports would really determine whether I get them or not.

Yeah I agree with you about the AVC and Green, but I'm not sure they fit in the budget. Need to think about that.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
blackprophet|1405092075|3711390 said:
pinkjewel|1405036824|3710933 said:

The yellow can be found here: http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/018ct-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-vvs1-100717-16933......

Opinions?

What aren't you sure about for the orange? Just what you have said above?

Yeah the price of the GIA reports would really determine whether I get them or not.

Yeah I agree with you about the AVC and Green, but I'm not sure they fit in the budget. Need to think about that.

I think the orange may look a bit brownish (dull?) next to your vibrant yellow- nothing wrong with the diamond itself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results