shape
carat
color
clarity

Lang jewelry

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone bought from them? They seem pricey, how do I know if a price is fair? Sorry if this was already posted, I searched and couldn’t find anything

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Lang Antiques has some very beautiful jewelry. The prices are high compared with some of the vendors recommended by PS but reasonable when you factor in the carrying costs of a B&M store in an expensive part of SF.

They do not negotiate prices but have a 10% off sale 1-2x/yr

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they have some amazing pieces and while their prices might seem high they do have some one of a kind genuine antique pieces. As @Miss Marple wrote above they offer a 10% off sale a couple of times a year (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day (maybe) and the Christmas holiday is another one).

Call them and see when their next sale is and let them know if you are interested in one of their pieces. You never know-they might be able to offer you the discount now before their next sale.

I bought one of my favorite pairs of earrings from them.

langvintagepearpair.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15% off first item and 20% off everything else sale at Lang Antiques!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree, Lang is legit and highly reputable - their stuff *is* as described and depicted.

FWIW I've also sold a few personal jewelry items to Lang over the years as their purchase offers for my pieces were at the higher end of the range.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I love to ogle their website and have for years. Their inventory is amazing and their listing details wonderfully informative.

I was supposed to be on a girls weekend for a milestone birthday with my mom right now. Today we were going to have lunch under the NM dome salvaged from the City of Paris and then walk over to Lang.

collier

Shiny_Rock
I think they have some amazing pieces and while their prices might seem high they do have some one of a kind genuine antique pieces. As @Miss Marple wrote above they offer a 10% off sale a couple of times a year (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day (maybe) and the Christmas holiday is another one).

Call them and see when their next sale is and let them know if you are interested in one of their pieces. You never know-they might be able to offer you the discount now before their next sale.

I bought one of my favorite pairs of earrings from them.

langvintagepearpair.jpg

Those are stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love to ogle their website and have for years. Their inventory is amazing and their listing details wonderfully informative.

I was supposed to be on a girls weekend for a milestone birthday with my mom right now. Today we were going to have lunch under the NM dome salvaged from the City of Paris and then walk over to Lang.

Oh that sounds like the PERFECT day. I hope you and your family can do this in the future (and tell us all about it!)

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I like this ring it looks similar to one that got away, but it seems pricey for one that’s not even a 1.25ct.but I don’t know. It’s hard when you can’t see it in person 0BA6C965-BF7D-464C-88BB-DA8C058BBB9C.png

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this ring it looks similar to one that got away, but it seems pricey for one that’s not even a 1.25ct.but I don’t know. It’s hard when you can’t see it in person 0BA6C965-BF7D-464C-88BB-DA8C058BBB9C.png

Comparable GIA diamonds on the Old World Diamonds website seem to run in the $6,300-$6,700 range (with lesser clarity), so the platinum setting and diamond melee would comprise another $2,500 in the Lang ring ... and of course the fact that it is an antique Art Deco piece rather than a reproduction has a value. Lang's current 15% Off One Item sale would subtract $1,312 from the total, making it $7,438 which is I think a reasonable price all things considered.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Love Suzanne from Lang’s

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are legit. Worked with Emily twice. Bought one inexpensive item there years ago that we had to return. They were very gracious. Bought a fairly spendy item from them this year that we had admired online for years and had seen in person. They were more than happy to indulge my requests for different views of the ring in various lighting -- although they did not take it outside into direct sun :)

I think that as high-end/high-overhead dealers, they are fairly priced. They do not raise their prices; they leave it alone until it sells. Check their "archives" section -- they move a lot of product and it's really nice. I also think their stuff is very well curated. If you're buying for a spouse or SO, it's hard to go wrong there, imo.

They are candid about heated/treated and most better center stones have independent reports. They are also pretty clear about what is period and what is period-style and made in house.

Lang and Berganza are my two favorites for daydreaming -- but Lang is on my continent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results