shape
carat
color
clarity

Landi knockoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

funkstrong

Rough_Rock
Hello I''m new here. Quick question. I found a Richard Landi ring that I wanted to purchase and did some internet shopping. I came across two sites that have what seems to be the exact ring I am looking at, but the price is quoted about 2000 dollars less. I called the company selling it and they said they only sell to jewelery stores. Is the Richard Landi name just a branding scheme or are people blatantly stealing his designs? I''m left totally confused, as I have also been reading about the large markups that jewelery stores put on their items. Any help or opinions?

-Casey

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a link or web address of the setting you''re considering? We''d love to see it.

But ...

a) yes. there are lots of "knock offs" of designer pieces. just as happens in clothing/purses/shoes/home decor etc. Whose to say the designer even came up with the original version. There are some TIFFANY styles that were done elsewhere first (like the Tiffany version of Ritini''s Endless Love halos).

b) yes, many Brick & Mortar jewelry stores have very high markups. Internet shoppers/educated consumers can get much better deals on the same quality stones/settings etc. if they shop wisely.

funkstrong

Rough_Rock
Sure here's the links for both sites.

http://www.platinumjewelers.com/content/displayitem.asp?item=LDR502&cat=smount <- what I was told is a cheap immitation

http://www.richardlandi.com/enlarged/images/ldr502.jpg <- the ring from RichardLandi.com

Very confusing, hehe. This is the style I've decided on, but I'm on a budget so I've been digging around like a private-eye trying to find a bargain. I'm undecided on what to do. I've even superimposed the two images on top of eachother to find they are exactly the same. I may end up browsing for a similiar ring on faycullen.com, they also have some rings that are my girlfriends "style".

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2006 3:03:58 PM
Author: funkstrong
I''ve even superimposed the two images on top of eachother to find they are exactly the same.

That''s because the Platinum Jewelers website is using Richard Landi''s pictures. They couldn''t even be bothered to rename the file it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results