shape
carat
color
clarity

Lake County Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SusanS

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just found this place and I have never used one of these message boards before so I hope I am doing it right.
emsmile.gif

Can anyone tell me anything about Lake County Diamonds? They are also known as Moon tears. I understand they came out of Lake County California and are highly collected. Any info would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
SusanS

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I have no clue but maybe someone else does. Is this a jeweler or an actual shape of diamond? I''m not sure I understand what you are asking. I''m assuming it''s a shape or category of diamonds.

Bump-
Ukieza

SusanS

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Thanks for getting back with me. My mother left me these some years back. I was curious to see if anyone has used them in ring settings so I can see a picture of what they look like in a ring setting, or if anyone knew anything else about where I can find collectors of these. This is what I found on them.

Thanks,

SusanS

Lake County ''Diamonds'' (Moon Tears)
Lake County "diamonds", also called "Moon Tears", are semi-precious stones of volcanic orign found nowhere else in the world. While not equal in hardness to real diamonds (7.5 - 8 compared to a diamonds 10) Lake County diamonds have been used commercially and are capable of cutting glass. They are highly prized for collectors and can be faceted and polished to make beautiful jewelery which are almost as brilliant as real diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results