shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies watch questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the ladies watches seem to be quartz. The mechanical watches are bulkier and the quartz watches seem to be thinner.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 2:19:12 PM
Author: ltl
So who makes ladies watches that are automatic (besides Rolex). Is there a comprehensive list somewhere?

To be honest, I have no idea if there''s a comprehensive list out there. It''s usually best to just look at styles you like and then see if there''s an automatic version. The hard part is you may find the watch you like is manual, but not auto. Might not be worth the effort.

Unfortunately, most ladies watches will be quartz because the smaller case size makes it hard to put an auto movement in there. That''s why Rolex has a really bulky case for a ladies watch.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I think that the bulky look is what I don''t like. Also they seem kind of boring to me. Don''t mean to offend anyone I just seem to like things that are a little different.
21.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2006 2:06:05 AM
Author: monarch64
Just kinda skimmed through this thread and have to report that my DH and I both purchased Tags this past year...we are 36 and 29.... mine can be seen on the ''show me your watch'' thread in the jewelry forum, and his is the basic self-winding model. He and I have both been very happy with our Tags but have looked at them as ''our first big-purchase'' watches for sure. So..just giving you all another perspective, I guess...no opinion or judgement intended.

DH HAS mentioned that he would like to ''move up'' to a Rolex in the next few years...and after that who knows? I myself am happy with my Tag b/c it has diamonds on the dial which was more than I expected as a gift from him last year...it seems to be a superb timepiece and I''m so pleased with it so far I haven''t even searched for another watch yet...until I found this thread, LOL!
35.gif
A "show me your watch thread!!!" Ah I love to browse.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i like some of the rolex watches, there is a salmon face one is s/s that i have had my on. The problem with mechanical watches is that they dont keep time quite as well and are expensive to recalibrate.

i have a michele watch with diamonds and I LOVE it, I also just ordered a bulova. Dont think the rolex is anywhere in my near future. I did post my michele on the watch thread in here, i think its in the jewelry forum. There is some nice eyecandy in there!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent all evening looking at watches. IF I buy anything I want something waterproof that is a little upscale and I LOVE the ones where you can see the watch insides.

Of course the more upscale watches are NOT waterproof! What to do what to do?!

Edited: That sounded silly but I really want some advice on a NICE watch that can take a beating and is waterproof.

Any ideas? What about Corum is it cheap?

Maybe I need a NICE watch and a cheap waterproof watch?

anika

Shiny_Rock
Stone hunter,
Try the Omega Aqua Terra Seamaster with diamonds - very droolworthy, automatic and waterproof to 150m. Also has a seconds hand. Just yummy.

Anika

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2006 3:03:25 AM
Author: anika
Stone hunter,
Try the Omega Aqua Terra Seamaster with diamonds - very droolworthy, automatic and waterproof to 150m. Also has a seconds hand. Just yummy.

Anika
Just saw this. THANKS Going off to drool.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone Hunter, Corum is not cheap, at least not the ones I have ever seen. It is a pretty high end watch...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK Thanks. but now I can''t remember where I saw them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results