shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies,show us your V-Day flowers.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
We had agreed not to do anything for Vday, but I arrived at work this morning to find a dozen red long-stemmed roses had already been delivered!!!

Definitely made my morning. :love:

(I got him a little something too... guess we're both bad at sticking to the no gift rule ;)) )

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay...love your flowers! Peonies and orchids are my favorite.

I'm actually kind of mad at DH right now. He never gets me flowers...seriously never...well maybe once a year. About a month ago I said flowers and inexpensive chocolates would be nice and even told him what kind of flowers I like. Today he got me a bunch of I don't even know what to call them...daisys or wildflowers? Then he says that he got the same for his mom so what's the problem. I don't know what is worse, not getting anything or getting the same as his mother.

A little more background...last year he went to Costco to get his mom an orchid plant for Mother's Day. It was my first Mother's Day and I got nothing!!!

So I'm actually pretty hurt and annoyed. I mean I tell him what flowers I like and point to arrangements when we're at Costco saying those look nice. What more can I do...I know...buy them for myself!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I am on a diet right now... and I have been wanting one of these arrangements for forever! :love:

my valentine's day arrangement 2.14.11.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
meresal|1297777036|2852234 said:
I am on a diet right now... and I have been wanting one of these arrangements for forever! :love:

Yum! I would be all over that!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks KittyGolightly!

And cpster, I'm sorry about your DH. If it makes you feel any better I once dated a guy who would get me not only the same flowers for V-Day, but would also buy us the same Christmas presents! I guess his philosophy was, if it's good enough for my dear beloved mother it's good enough for you... :rolleyes:

I just turned the vase around and I actually like the other side even better. There are these carzy fuzzy green ball things that I didn't even notice yesterday. Hmm... wonder what they are???

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I didn't get't get flowers....dh knows that the way to my heart is through my stomach! So I got my favorite:

coconut-cream-pie-img.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I am loving the flowers! DH used to send me big bouquets of roses but I always felt sad when they'd die...and secretly thought they were wasteful because I didn't really get that much pleasure out of it. (I prefer jewelry! :naughty: ) So we changed our tradition and I asked DH to bring me a single long stemmed rose instead. I just thought it was romantic to imagine my husband bringing me a single red rose. That evolved to his bringing me a single red rose every Monday - he said to start every week with a smile. So here's Monday's rose, which happened to also be Valentine's Day with my new eternity ring! :wavey: Although...seeing all these lovely bouquets makes me reconsider my single red rose request! Nice flowers, ladies!!! The pie is awesome, too. :appl:

RoseRing.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
:o Look at that lovely pie, yum and a half.
My boyfriend didn't get me any flowers, but he did give me something better. I have a huge silver maple tree in the back yard that's in the process of croaking. I called a tree service to get a quote on cutting it down and the guy said he'll be here in 20 minutes. (I figured it would be a day or two.) My dear BF got up, got dressed (we work nights) never complained, talked to the guy and got him down to $1600 for the entire job. That's cut down, stump ground, haul off, everything. My first quote was $2700, the second quote was $1900, so I'm thrilled.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
DH bought me these last week so I have been enjoying them for nearly a week now. He got a dozen white since my bouquet was white roses. My bouquet was dried and in a vase in our hallway, and it met with an unfortunate incident a couple weeks ago, so I think we'll dry these as a replacement. :wink2:

rubybethwhiteroses.jpg

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful flowers and pie and thoughts, ladies!

My FI didn't send me flowers but we did plant our newly-aquired lemon and lime trees in our backyard, so that's kind of metaphoric and romantic, right?! :tongue:

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
KittyGolightly|1297731580|2852013 said:
Dee*Jay|1297728598|2851975 said:
Here's my "modified" arrangement (modified = after I took out all the huge twig things that looked very lovely and artistic but about poked my eyeball out every time I turned around in my chair). And these peonies smell SO good!

He has good taste! That is a beautiful bouquet.
Don't you love peonies? I wonder where they would grow this time of year?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I got red roses :appl: and, more importantly, an incredibly cute note from DH... along with some chocolates he laid out in front of our apartment door so I would find them as I left for work that morning...

But V-Day is also our "official" dating anniversary, as that is when we went on our first real date in college after months of being best friends. So it's not merely Hallmark day for us.

I'll post a photo of the flowers when I get home later today.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
mscushion|1297863318|2853017 said:
I got red roses :appl: and, more importantly, an incredibly cute note from DH... along with some chocolates he laid out in front of our apartment door so I would find them as I left for work that morning...
But V-Day is also our "official" dating anniversary, as that is when we went on our first real date in college after months of being best friends. So it's not merely Hallmark day for us.
I'll post a photo of the flowers when I get home later today.
Horrible BlackBerry photo, but it's all I've got...

msc_valentinesroses.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results