ladies,show us your V-Day flowers.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
What flowers?

My SIL works at a country club and brought home one leftover Gerbera Daisy for me. A very nice gesture :))

I always tell DH to skip flowers on a day like today, when I'd expect them and they're expensive. I'd rather him surprise me off-hand on another day when they'll be cheaper. Such a frugal frannie.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH bought me two big pots with baby red rose bushes planted in each, I thought that was really cute! He hates buying flowers because they die, and I'm not a huge fan of them because they make a mess ::)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm with megumic....I would be upset with DH if he wasted $$ on flowers for a day created by the greeting card companies. I much prefer to be suprised any other day of the year! Of course, I've also told DH that I'd prefer that every time he thinks about getting me flowers, take the $10 and put it in a jar to add to my jewlery fund, lol! :naughty:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I wish! I haven't seen flowers for me for years ;( Although I beg for them everytime a holiday comes around :nono:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIne built me a planter in the backyard yesterday. Does that count? ;))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DF, THANK YOU for not abbreviating Valentine's Day to VD altogether in your subject title. Otherwise, my brain would have gone even more o'Keefe than it did.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I received a miniature rose plant from my husband for Valentine's Day.

YellowRose.jpg

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in Texas, my fiance is in Algeria. Has been rotating there since June 2009, and currently he has been there since Jan 5th, and will be there until the end of March. They're flowers, but...they're from my love! They were delivered on Saturday. I expected flowers, but I still smiled when I got them!

Vday flowers.png

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like flowers, but both my husband and I only like flowers in the house if the rest of the house is clean. The house is a mess, and no flowers.
My sister did send me a selection of some of my favorite Fanny May chocolates :appl:

(As I might have mentioned in previous posts my husband is not much into holidays. All hints about things I'd like to Valentine's ignored or turned down. I think I'm getting close to a single person's dislike of Valentine's day...

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
My husband knows I like playing around with flowers myself, so here's a picture of $30 worth of Trader Joe's roses he brought home (3 dozen).

v-day%20roses.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope he doesn't bring home flowers. But he never listens.. :tongue:

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1297696602|2851424 said:
DF, THANK YOU for not abbreviating Valentine's Day to VD altogether in your subject title. Otherwise, my brain would have gone even more o'Keefe than it did.

:lol:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
no overpriced flowers for me thanks!

i would be unhappy to receive them, esp since my FI does bring me flowers for no reason on other days.

i did get a a great big card with WIFE written in huge letters on it though. made me smile

:bigsmile:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Valentine's day is no big thing to us but I do generally get flowers because he knows I like them but it's one of the few times a year he remembers to get them. This year was no exception... I received waterlilies, yellow roses, banana leaves and some crazy red flowers from my husband. I was surprised valentines day is as big a deal as it is in Tanzania and the street vendors are out in force with their flowers and stuffed animals. I arranged them in soda bottles for lack of a vase.

110214 063.JPG

110214 041.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all those soda bottles.
Cute idea. :appl:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Necessity is the mother of invention. Get this...not only are sodas still served that way but it's made with REAL CANE SUGAR. I'm not going to be a snob and say I can taste the difference though.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Got an orchid plant on Saturday. BF joked(?) that it's our first step on the baby ladder: if we can keep this alive, we'll take the next step to a puppy :D

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1297719891|2851817 said:
I love all those soda bottles.
Cute idea. :appl:

Ditto. And the red flowers are called ginger.

Here's my flowers. DH doesn't usually get me flowers ever b/c I used to be a florist and am super picky. But today, he went to pick out the flowers and arranged them himself. I <3 them.

v-day flowers.JPG

I usually get a bunch of flowers but this year just a red rose and a hot pink one with carnations. I'm shocked I got them actually, since DH had major dental work today, but still managed those...

nicolita

Rough_Rock
I love flowers. I LOVE them. I always tell the man not to get them for me since they do jack the prices up, they die, and we are poor. Plus, I think he is scarred for life because he randomly bought me flowers a couple years ago and my cat ate them. Turns out that lilies are super toxic to cats if ingested! The kitty ended up fine, but I did freak out and all of that jazz! :(

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my "modified" arrangement (modified = after I took out all the huge twig things that looked very lovely and artistic but about poked my eyeball out every time I turned around in my chair). And these peonies smell SO good!

vdayflowers.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What lovely flowers, everybody! DH sent me a lovely spray of flowers at work... I didn't have my camera at work, so I don't have photos. It was very sweet, though. ::)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am too lazy to take pictures and I cant download pictures from my phone (too old lol) but I did get a dozen white roses....they look so pretty, he has never bought me white roses before :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
No flowers for me. DH got me a gift certificate for a massage instead! :wink2:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1297730484|2851999 said:
DH got me a gift certificate for a massage instead! :wink2:

Me too! :love:

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay|1297728598|2851975 said:
Here's my "modified" arrangement (modified = after I took out all the huge twig things that looked very lovely and artistic but about poked my eyeball out every time I turned around in my chair). And these peonies smell SO good!

He has good taste! That is a beautiful bouquet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results