shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies,should men dye their gray hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 6:01:04 PM
Author: elrohwen
My dad was pretty much completely grey by age 30. Since I was born when he was 35, I obviously don''t remember seeing him with anything other than grey hair, so maybe that gives me a different opinion than others. I don''t think any guys should bother coloring it - seems too high maintenance. Maybe if a guy goes grey really young and wants to dye it for a few years, ok. But if a guy goes grey at a ''normal'' age, I think coloring it is unnecessary. (my uncle has had dark brown hair forever and we all make fun of it a little)
what would be the "normal" age?
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My sis dated a 17 yr old who was noticeably gray. In his case, yes, men should dye their gray hair.

If we''re talking a man in his 40''s, no, he should leave it.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as it doesn''t look odd, when I was watching Dancing with the Stars last season I just could not get over Donnie Osmond''s hair, I mean come on...give it up!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 5:38:47 PM
Author: jsm
Hmm... Either way, assuming it looks somewhat natural.

My poor hubby is going gray quickly (at 31). I thought I would hate it, but... it does look kinda hot. However, as the gray is aging him, and I look like I'm a teenager, we look much further apart than we really are, and are subject to some funny looks at times!
jsm...was this after he married you?
innocentwhistle.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 7:08:06 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

My poor hubby is going gray quickly (at 31). I thought I would hate it, but... it does look kinda hot. However, as the gray is aging him, and I look like I''m a teenager, we look much further apart than we really are, and are subject to some funny looks at times!
innocentwhistle.gif
11.gif
Pay him no mind jsm!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing is, you can''t force anyone to like their graying hair. My husband is 45 and he hates his gray. I color it once a month for him because he wouldn''t leave the house looking very gray. He wears a baseball cap on the way home from his haircut every month because the new cut exposes the gray so much more. We can say we like gray on men all we want, but it''s really up to the guy. It''s his head and his face (and his ego).

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think men should dye their hair past a certain age (not totally sure what that age should be). I''m not really a fan of the gray hair on younger men, though. DH''s mid-20s brother is totally gray, but he dyes his hair, and I think it looks great. He would look odd with totally gray hair.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 7:46:58 PM
Author: Kaleigh

My poor hubby is going gray quickly (at 31). I thought I would hate it, but... it does look kinda hot. However, as the gray is aging him, and I look like I''m a teenager, we look much further apart than we really are, and are subject to some funny looks at times!
innocentwhistle.gif
11.gif
Pay him no mind jsm!!!!

LOL! Careful, I''ll make you go gray too DF!
10.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 8:37:23 PM

Date: 1/13/2010 7:46:58 PM
Author: Kaleigh

innocentwhistle.gif
11.gif
Pay him no mind jsm!!!!

LOL! Careful, I''ll make you go gray too DF!
10.gif
no worry jsm...had some gray hair since i was 35.
39.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 6:28:16 PM

My dad was pretty much completely grey by age 30. Since I was born when he was 35, I obviously don't remember seeing him with anything other than grey hair, so maybe that gives me a different opinion than others. I don't think any guys should bother coloring it - seems too high maintenance. Maybe if a guy goes grey really young and wants to dye it for a few years, ok. But if a guy goes grey at a 'normal' age, I think coloring it is unnecessary. (my uncle has had dark brown hair forever and we all make fun of it a little)
what would be the 'normal' age?
9.gif
I don't know, DF. Older than 30?
3.gif

How old were you when you went grey?

eta: Just noticed your answer to jsm above. Got any pics of that grey hair? Or do you dye it?
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have a problem with men dying their hair if it makes them feel better about themselves. I have never dated anyone who dyed their hair, though, so I can''t speak from personal experience. Maybe I would hate it, I don''t know. SO has a lot of gray hair and he''s 36. I think his hair is beautiful, he has lots of it, and I would be sad if he dyed it.

I thought Taylor Hicks, the guy who won AI a few years back, was super sexy with his prematurely gray hair. Yum. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they''re younger and it looks natural I don''t see why not. I personally wouldn''t be into a guy who dyes his hair, though. I actually have a friend whose 70ish father dyes his hair pitch black-not so natural looking!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 10:08:42 PM

Date: 1/13/2010 6:28:16 PM

My dad was pretty much completely grey by age 30. Since I was born when he was 35, I obviously don''t remember seeing him with anything other than grey hair, so maybe that gives me a different opinion than others. I don''t think any guys should bother coloring it - seems too high maintenance. Maybe if a guy goes grey really young and wants to dye it for a few years, ok. But if a guy goes grey at a ''normal'' age, I think coloring it is unnecessary. (my uncle has had dark brown hair forever and we all make fun of it a little)
what would be the ''normal'' age?
9.gif
I don''t know, DF. Older than 30?
3.gif

How old were you when you went grey?

eta: Just noticed your answer to jsm above. Got any pics of that grey hair? Or do you dye it?
9.gif
most of my gray is up front,not much on top,back or side
Idunno1.gif
i dyed my hair a couple of times, but i don''t really care if i go grey or not, plus i heard too much dye = skin cancer.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not? I imagine men have lots of reasons for coloring their hair, just as women do.

I have to admit that I''''m less open-minded about men whose hair is highlighted etc...
2.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know that they should, but I don't object if they do. There are some colors that gray beautifully to an icy silver, and some that manage to look like mud. Blondes don't gray all that well, either. So if men want some color correction to avoid looking like death warmed over or to look 10 years younger, more power to them.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
My husband has long hair and I don''t think I would like it gray. Unless he wore it in a ponytail that is.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
What a thought-provoking question, DF
9.gif

Hmm...if men dye their hair, do they make sure their "carpet matches the drapes"?

I foresee a lot of unfortunate rashes in the nether regions, due to private encounters with one Miss Clairol
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 5:32:51 PM
Author: Vancity
What a thought-provoking question, DF
9.gif

Hmm...if men dye their hair, do they make sure their ''carpet matches the drapes''?

I foresee a lot of unfortunate rashes in the nether regions, due to private encounters with one Miss Clairol
2.gif
OMG, I am dying laughing here.
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 10:19:34 PM
Author: monarch64
I don''t have a problem with men dying their hair if it makes them feel better about themselves. I have never dated anyone who dyed their hair, though, so I can''t speak from personal experience. Maybe I would hate it, I don''t know. SO has a lot of gray hair and he''s 36. I think his hair is beautiful, he has lots of it, and I would be sad if he dyed it.

I thought Taylor Hicks, the guy who won AI a few years back, was super sexy with his prematurely gray hair. Yum. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

My BFF does some PR for Taylor, attending alot of his concerts and television appearances. He''s always busy writing songs and performing. His last CD was great! Now she''s got me hooked on him. My girlfriend says he is even more handsome, down to earth and charming in person, and he doesn''t ever intend on coloring his hair because it''s who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results