shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies please tell me I'm not imagining this..

annee

Rough_Rock
So I was at Id Jewelery today chatting with Yekutiel and I had him take a look at my ering because I thought the prongs were kind of uneven.. And he pointed out that it looks as if they stuck my ring into a 1 ct stock setting (my stone is 0.91 ct), mind you I waited 5 weeks for this ring to be completed so I was kind of bummed when I heard Yekutiel say that.

So here are the pics I snapped when I got home. My fiance does not see anything wrong with the images, but I sort of do.. First, it seems like the head is bigger than the stone thus leading the stone to be set a lot higher to compensate for this. And secondly, it looks as if the stone is set crooked? Ugh, please help! :cry:

1_28.jpg
2_25.jpg
3_19.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it looks like the setting is too big for the center stone.

annee

Rough_Rock
Oh and please excuse the tint, the lighting is pretty bad! This is how she normally looks :love:

4_16.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone does look crooked.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does look crooked in the setting, and the prongs look like they are really curving *in* to catch the stone, so maybe too big.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
It does look crooked and I'm jealous you can drop by ID and chat.

annee

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies, and here I thought I was imagining things!

I'm just peeved that it took Beverly K 5 weeks to give me a stock setting and GOG did not catch the wonky setting before sending it out to us :angryfire:

annee

Rough_Rock
texaskj|1315884246|3016267 said:
It does look crooked and I'm jealous you can drop by ID and chat.

It was my first time meeting Yekutiel and I can certainty see why he has all these rave reviews on PS :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
can you send it back? is there a return policy?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOG will make it right. Just call them in the morning and link them.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Oh no - it does look crooked. Definitely call the vendor...was it set that way or do you think you knocked it?

poprocks

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about this. How frustrating!

Your ring is really pretty but yes it is crooked and the setting does look like it's too big for the stone.

Hope you get this resolved soon!

annee

Rough_Rock
@slg47, Gypsy. I do plan on contacting GOG first thing in the morning tomorrow to see what they say about this.

@centralsquare. I don't think it's possible I knocked the stone since it is set very securely (I'll give them that).

@poprocks. Thank you! I hope this gets resolved soon as well. It was a nerve racking 5 weeks waiting for this ring to arrive and the thought of sending it out again after only having it for 2 weeks makes my stomach turn :((

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting and beautiful stone. What's the spec (color, clarity...)?

It does look uneven but I'm sure they will fix it for you. I understand it must be frustrating. I realized how upsetting little things like these can get to you and ruin your day(s) :errrr:

Keep us posted!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is a gorgeous setting, too. Many designers have heads for stones in standard sizes...1 ct., 1.25 cts., 1.5 cts. , etc. (But actually they are probably in mm, not sized like diamond sizes.) I know my temporary settings were for a 1.5 ct. stone and my 1.63 was tight in them. You really have to have a ring handmade to get the head to exactly fit the stone. But I think your stone is fine in that setting other than it may need to be straightened. Two of the pictures are showing the ring tilted to the right a bit which makes it look more crooked than it really is, though. It really doesn't look bad at all in the top side-view shot. I am not sure I would have noticed anything from that.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
It does look like the setting is too big and the stone is crooked. hope that GOG and BevK work it out!

Yekeutiel is great (even though the first time I met him he said I had chubby fingers :rolleyes: :cheeky: Yes I'm a size 7 and they are kind of stubby, but sheesh! He's great though :bigsmile:

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, looks a little crooked to me too. Sorry you'll have to be without your ring for a bit. I know the feeling :blackeye:

annee

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words. I just got off the phone with Marie and sent her the pictures so now I'm just waiting to hear back from her.

@diamondseeker2006. I agree that while looking at it from the top-down it looks fine. However, the profile is driving me nuts.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It isn't level to me. I hope they can fix it super fast!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi annee,

First, my apologies that this got by us. If a diamond is tilted in a ring that generally doesn't get past us. Please send it back to us and we'll take care of it promptly and take care of all the shipping.

To know if the prongs are too large for your diamond, its very easy to determine. When you look face down on the diamond (not at an angle) do you see the basket supporting the prongs under the diamond outside of the diamond? Ie. do you see the ring of the basket around the circumference of the diamond or does it protrude around the diameter of the diamond? If not, the prongs are correct. I'm surprised that Yeukitiel thinks Beverly K would just send a stock setting and purposely make us and our clients wait 5 weeks for something they could have sent the next day. :nono: We ordered the setting to accommodate a 6.2mm round and Beverly K generally does not send us the wrong setting. Never has to date. Please keep in communication with Marie and we're here to step you through the process to get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Kind regards,

annee

Rough_Rock
Rhino|1315948100|3016782 said:
Hi annee,

First, my apologies that this got by us. If a diamond is tilted in a ring that generally doesn't get past us. Please send it back to us and we'll take care of it promptly and take care of all the shipping.

To know if the prongs are too large for your diamond, its very easy to determine. When you look face down on the diamond (not at an angle) do you see the basket supporting the prongs under the diamond outside of the diamond? Ie. do you see the ring of the basket around the circumference of the diamond or does it protrude around the diameter of the diamond? If not, the prongs are correct. I'm surprised that Yeukitiel thinks Beverly K would just send a stock setting and purposely make us and our clients wait 5 weeks for something they could have sent the next day. :nono: We ordered the setting to accommodate a 6.2mm round and Beverly K generally does not send us the wrong setting. Never has to date. Please keep in communication with Marie and we're here to step you through the process to get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Kind regards,

:appl: Thank you Rhino! I will definitely keep in touch with Marie regarding this. I will check the basket later when I'm off work.

Also, I did not disclose how long I've waited for the ring or the vendor I used. Yeukitiel was simply taking a look at my prongs since I told him how I thought one of the prongs was uneven. I'm sure he meant no harm as he told me this was not something to fret over, but the perfectionist in me just needed to know. Yeukitiel had nothing but rave things to say about you when the subject of PS and GOG came up, so please don't what he said as an offense/insult.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for clarifying annee. To date we've been very impressed with the quality of the settings we've gotten with Bev K for the value. We'll all prone to mistakes from time to time but there is never an issue we've confronted that can't be taken care of and your's is no exception. We love our PS clients and always do what we can to serve. Thanks again for the clarification we look forward to being of further help.

Kindest regards,
Jonathan

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI JON!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results