shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies...Opinions on this Platinum Setting Please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think I may choose this type of setting with an emerald cut stone...It is an unsual look and would love to hear some opinions from the ladies if it is too ODD or different from the norm.

http://www.renaissanceplatinum.com/engagement_s.asp

You can click on the photo of the top right emerald cut setting to get a larger picture. Sorry I couldnt copy the photo for some reason, but if someone can grab it and post it here that would be awesome.

The stone in that seting is a 4ct...and i would most likely be getting a 1.25-1.5ct

Thanks

Evalina

Rough_Rock
Wow. I've never seen anything quite like it.

It seems like that setting might need a huge stone to 'pull off' the right look though.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I think it's stunning- a very elegant and unusual antique look. I don't imagine you could put a wedding band with this though, if that's a consideration.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Supposedly that setting has used a diamond as small as .65, obviously it could not have had the same look, but they must try to keep the dimensions the same.

As far as a band is concerned I am not too sure, maybe a custom one would have to be made.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I think as long as they keep the proportions right, you can't lose with this style. Of course, that's assuming that your intended likes antique style rings.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The horizontal setting is not really to my taste, but it's a gorgeous piece nonetheless. I think she'll get many ooohs and ahhhs!

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think its beautiful too, but thats the risk buying something so unique. I hope she will love it, but its probably not what she IMAGINED as a ring she would ever receive.

Hopefully I might be able to see it in person.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I believe this is the ring in question. I think it's beautiful and very unusual, and I'm interested in a horizontally set marquise myself, though not as an engagement ring in my case. I already had the photo saved even though this was not at all what I was looking for, simply because I thought it was gorgeous.

I think choosing this for an engagement ring would have to be a very personal decision. (Then again, choosing any engagement ring is a very personal decision.
1.gif
)

40ring.jpg

nineta

Rough_Rock
I like the setting A LOT, but all these filigree is a bit too much for my taste. A bit of ornamentation (like the diagonal lines or so) would fit me better.

A horizontally set emerald cut is very unique!
1.gif

BTO

Rough_Rock
love.gif

I think its absolutely gorgeous! If she likes emerald cuts and antique style, I think she'd love it.

There is something about stones set horizontally that are traditionally set vertically...so beautiful. Unexpected and elegant. A cool almost "modern" twist on an old style.

Side note: Although I'm not a big marquise fan, Catherine Zeta Jones has a HUGE marquise diamond set horizontally and its stunning!

Just my 2 cents!
wink2.gif

Brandy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful, I *love* the horizontal setting. I like it when rings are unusual in different ways. Not a huge fan of the typical basic 4/6 prong setting, I feel that the setting being unusual or a little more detailed really adds to the stone.

1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hate to be the dissenter here, but I wouldn't choose this as an engagement ring unless I was sure it's what she wants. If it's not a surprise, then great, but if you are surprising here, I'd think twice.

It's a beautiful ring, and I too like the idea of unique rings, but the question becomes "HOW unique?" does someone want to go. While I'd love a unique e-ring, this would be too out there for my taste.

It would be fine if it were anything other than an e-ring, but not for an e-ring.

Also consider that the structure of a woman's fingers become important in carrying off this look. My sister has long, slender fingers that would support this. I have very short fingers and find that horizontal set rings look awkward on me.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results