shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies opinion on picking out settings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning diamond. I''m so glad you are letting her pick out her own setting. My fiance did the same and I am so happy he did.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That baby is YUMMY and the setting is lovely--she''ll get to enjoy the temp in its own beauty while picking her own!! YAY!

Now as far as waiting 2 more months, in my completely biased opinion I would say DON''T and just let the girl cease her waiting now!! But I know you have a plan. So just spend the next weeks making it all the more personalized and think about all the things you''ll say to her and the way you''ll put your setting book together. LUCKY GIRL!!!!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone and solitiar! I am curious, is that little space between the culit of the diamond and bottom of the head setting kept on purpose to accomodate future re-set?

Sparkle Boy

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful stone and solitiar! I am curious, is that little space between the culit of the diamond and bottom of the head setting kept on purpose to accomodate future re-set?

I am not sure, perhaps. That setting was very inexpensive so it may just be a quality issue as well.

Thanks for all the kind comments so far. I am going to start working on the engagement plans next week.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nice, classic, huge.

the space is not a quality issue.

Sparkle Boy

Rough_Rock
Well thought I would give everyone a quick update. Who knows if anyone cares, but I do, so you have to read it
1.gif

I am finalizing the plans for the proposal, it is in less than 2 weeks now. I can''t believe it! We fly into Myrtle Beach on the 29th and I am working with her sister to take her shopping while I take her parents out to lunch on the 30th. I would have done this sooner but her father just can''t keep a secret so I thought I would do him a favor and not make him try to keep one. After lunch I have told her I want to go out for my birthday to a nice dinner just the two of us.

I have never been to myrtle beach, it seems really family oriented and I had some trouble locating something really romantic, yet secluded. I then stumbled on the thought of going sailing. I rented a sailboat for 2 hours at sunset. I even got someone to drive the boat, since I have no idea how to sail. She loves new adventures so I can''t think of a better way to ask for her hand in marriage than on a new adventure. I will pack up something nice for dinner as we sail, eat, watch the sunset, and hopefully decide that spending our life together is a good idea .

I am working on getting her friend to drive us the 20 miles and drop us off at the the boat. This is a good friend from grad school she hasn''t seen in a while so I will say I just don''t think we can leave her and her husband out of it. Hopefully after the sailing I will have a limo waiting to take us back to the beach house we are renting where her whole family will be there to help us celebrate.

I have put together a book of all the research I did on the diamond and all about how I picked out her diamond. I am putting together a bunch of pictures of rings I think she would like and why I think she would like them so she/we can start looking for a setting. I also have all the communications from the online dating site we met on and I am putting those together with pictures as well.

Hopefully all will go to plan. Tell me if I am forgetting something important?
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update sparkle boy. sounds like you''ve got everything covered. please come back with pics once you''ve proposed.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this thread? What a wonderful story and what an AWESOME diamond you got there!
You plan sounds perfect. Good luck! Your gf is one lucky girl!
Can''t wait to hear the story and see all of the pics!
Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you''ve thought of EVERYTHING and I''m not surprised at all. You are a heckuva thoughtful man! Best of luck with the proposal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results