shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies,if you saw your best friend''s husband with another woman...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I would probably bring it up casually. If it's not a big deal, the wife would already know about the outing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d either use Lara''s approach or go up to the man''s table and say "Hi!" so he''s have to introduce me and know that I know he was there.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Considering my best friends (guy and girl) are dating each other, that wouldn''t happen. Neither of them would be so stupid. Besides...they don''t have enough time to go hanging out with other guys/girls because they are so busy with other stuff.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:09:12 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Next time I saw her, I would say in light conversation, ''Oh, did DH have fun at ....?
''I saw him there on xday, last week/ month/year.... There was a girl there I didn''t recognise. Did you have rellies or a friend over? I would have said hello at the time, but couldn''t make it through the crush!
3.gif
yup... just like this.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
If they were making out or acting cuddly or something, then yes I would tell her, by all means. But if he was just hanging out with her or having lunch or something, I would do it the sly way Lara mentioned.

There is one friend that I almost wish I could bust doing this, just so she would have a reason to leave him. He''s the worlds biggest jerk, and she just won''t wake up.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 11:20:43 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
i was out having dinner with my daughter last week and the waitress thought she was my mistress.
9.gif
Lol. I was at a store where the sales person thought my little brother (age 17) was my fiance. I'm almost 26 btw, my brother has such a baby face too. Blech!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like many of the other posters, I would feel compelled to mention it. Casually, in passing, not in an accusatory way. I would probably just say "Oh hey, I ran into Mark/Mandy the other day at ____________" and not say anything more unless he/she asked. I might press it a bit if it seemed clearly fishy. Everyone I know has close friends of both genders, and going out to lunch or dinner with "another woman (or man)" in itself does not indicate possible adultery to me.

I suppose though, that it's hard for me to say... because my best friends are both men, and a couple. In that case, I would mention something to the suspicious party before their partner.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best friend..we share everything, so YES , I would tell her, and she would laugh and say "hahaha, he can go for it, old fart"

Bia

Ideal_Rock
If it''s my best friend (and only someone I am very close to) and her husband was caught being intimate (kissing, petting, etc.,) with another woman, I''d tell her.

Otherwise, I''d keep my mouth shut.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I would approach the Husband, say hello and feel out the situation..if it is something going on.. tell the friend in a very careful way

You always run the risk of the friend resenting you as being the one that told her.. Or being embarrassed by it and avoiding you in the future.. I know it sounds wierd - but it does happen..
38.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I would assume that if I assume that he is having an affair, I could be dead wrong. And exactly why would it be my perogative to assume any such thing?

Frankly, it would be none of my business. Now, if it was my sister''s husband . . .

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I will ask my husband about that, I will not have the guts to tell the wife, maybe even if he was doing something fishy, I would not want to be the one bringing the news.

Years ago someone told me that my best friend bf was cheating on her, so I told her and she did not believe me, since then , she stop talking to me and she still together with the same guy.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Yes.. that is what I mean.. I have a girlfriend that was seeing someone at the time.. I knew he was not being
faithful,, she was.

I asked her if she would ever want to know if he was cheating ,, and she said she would

Well, I did tell her that he was seeing other women. She got upset with ME..saying she wished I never
said anything.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t tell her, but would tell everyone else, especially my husband because I''m a terrible gossipist. hehehe

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:09:12 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Next time I saw her, I would say in light conversation, ''Oh, did DH have fun at ....?
''I saw him there on xday, last week/ month/year.... There was a girl there I didn''t recognise. Did you have rellies or a friend over? I would have said hello at the time, but couldn''t make it through the crush!
3.gif
Yes - I think Lara''s post is the right way to handle it - as an innocent question, not an accusation. You never know, it could have been legit, so it would be for my friend to figure out - wouldn''t want to upset her for no reason.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d tell her for sure. I''d want the same courtesy!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 8:35:28 AM
Author: Girlrocks
I have had this happen THREE TIMES (!!!) , all different couples, and I have told each time. Furthermore, if it were my DH out with another woman, I would expect nothing less if someone considers themselves my friend.

What reaction did you get? Were they glad you told them or did they "kill the messenger"?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 8:58:43 AM
Author: Addy
I like the hinting approach because it could be anyone. I have a couple of male friends that I go out with. I''d feel a bit spied on and think DH''s friends didn''t trust me if they flat out asked me about my friend or said something to DH is a very blunt way. Unless the couple is making out it would be very easy to get the wrong end of the stick.

Yeah I''d be the same. I think hinting is the way to go. My best friend is a guy and I''ve been asked a couple of times before if he was my boyfriend so I can see how easy it is to get the wrong idea.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 2:00:20 PM
Author: MC
I wouldn''t tell her, but would tell everyone else, especially my husband because I''m a terrible gossipist. hehehe
yep, women can''t hold any secrets they must gossip.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results