shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, do you ever leave the house w/o putting on makeups?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear makeup every day. If I don't, I scare small children and animals.
rotflmao2.gif

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never leave the house without makeup. The only time I don’t put on make up, is on the extremely rare occasions I’m ill in bed.

Before :

72823C49-C916-40AF-865D-E1B84243EDA8.jpeg

After :

2C7990BB-D007-4D82-A8E0-C2B145995544.jpeg

The before pic is me all the way! :lol-2:

I’m in the “never leave my house without makeup club.” I don’t need to see the look of horror in small children’s eyes.

ACCD474B-6786-4E39-A70C-C5BB2F796C5C.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Probably far more often than I should.

cheers--Sharon

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For all my makeup wearing friends...
49537FBE-A3E5-4F8B-A7CB-4834D500FD0C.jpeg

This is me to a T! I’m either presentable (with hair done and, at a minimum, tinted moisturiser, powder and eye make-up), or I look like some kind of wild bog-creature, in track pants (with liberal coating of pet hair), hair pulled back and ashen face. Never the twain shall meet...

I really envy those who can look pulled together without spending hours on prep work, but sadly I am not one of those people!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I go to the gym without make-up, and I usually show up at work with no makeup. It slowly gets added on a little at a time throughout the day in the privacy of my office. I'm most sensitive about my lack of brows and lip color, so on busy days, I will only put on lipstick and draw on some brows.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. No.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I go to the gym without make-up, and I usually show up at work with no makeup. It slowly gets added on a little at a time throughout the day in the privacy of my office. I'm most sensitive about my lack of brows and lip color, so on busy days, I will only put on lipstick and draw on some brows.

I used to fill in my brows every morning until I got them microbladed. Now I leave the house 9 out of 10 times without any makeup because I'm lazy and I hate the process of removing makeup.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F019BD73-847A-4D67-9509-220A8927036C.jpeg 8A2CC91C-F280-440B-A41B-D6D08E43C8C5.jpeg I only wear makeup on days I have meetings with external people. But I started dyeing my eyelashes so that my makeup-free look would be a little more polished. But I’m not very talented at makeup. My before and after are very similar lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F019BD73-847A-4D67-9509-220A8927036C.jpeg 8A2CC91C-F280-440B-A41B-D6D08E43C8C5.jpeg I only wear makeup on days I have meetings with external people. But I started dyeing my eyelashes so that my makeup-free look would be a little more polished. But I’m not very talented at makeup. My before and after are very similar lol.

Beautiful both ways. I think you look polished either way. Maybe I am crazy but I love a fresh face makeup free. There is no right or wrong and it comes down to personal preference for sure. But oh it's so much easier to just be and not have to fuss with makeup and removing it and all that but I think women are beautiful with and without. Beauty comes in all forms and sizes and I truly believe that. It's inner beauty that shines through either way.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DD50CE4E-BA16-47C1-85FB-BE2962131E12.jpeg I completely agree. There are so many ways to be beautiful. I love when women have completely over the top makeup but I also think a very low key look can be gorgeous. I saw a Senator yesterday speaking passionately and thought she looked just stunning. She was wearing almost no makeup.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD50CE4E-BA16-47C1-85FB-BE2962131E12.jpeg I completely agree. There are so many ways to be beautiful. I love when women have completely over the top makeup but I also think a very low key look can be gorgeous. I saw a Senator yesterday speaking passionately and thought she looked just stunning. She was wearing almost no makeup.

I love when women can accept other women who can just be themselves if you kwim. I don't like being judged either way. I know there are women who feel one looks unpolished without makeup but I just don't see that. We have been conditioned to think that but we can think beyond advertising and media influence. Men don't have to wear makeup to look polished and IMO neither do women.

I found a photo of when I had a full face of makeup on me at my sister's wedding. I was her matron of honor.

debbieswedding.jpeg

In bed first thing waking up and Tommy greeting me.
I actually prefer this.
LOL look at his sweet little tongue sticking out. I love it when our kitties do this.

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 7.47.16 AM.png

But beauty comes in all different forms. And I do see inner beauty and it completely changes my perception of someone's outer beauty. Once I get to know them all I see is how beautiful (or not) they are on the inside. That is my truth.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On work days, always... on off days, rarely ever!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always wear light make-up to work. I don't feel I 'have to' wear it; I enjoy wearing it.

Outside of work, sometimes I do go out without make-up. But I feel ugly when I do that. I have rosacea and it's getting worse, so this is affecting how I feel. I don't mind other people seeing me, but I don't like how I look myself.

Sometimes if I'm too lazy to wash my hair (also a problem) and do my make-up, I end up staying indoors on weekends. But I'm a homebody and don't mind that. Other than the lack of exercise and fresh air. lol

Anne

PS - There are many lovely PSers on this thread! :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I go out without makeup if I'm in a hurry or just lazy but I never feel quite right without it.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely go out without some make up but I never wear much. Just some blush and mascara and eyebrow pencil. Maybe some neutral lipstick/gloss. No foundation or eye shadow ever. In the winter i might add some bronzer because I can look sickly white without it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hardly ever wear make-up. I hate how it feels on my skin and I worry about clogged pores. When I do wear anything, it's just a little concealer, maybe blush, and sometimes lipstick.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look the same all the time. At 57, you either look good or you don't, and it depends on life circumstances and habits more than makeup. I don't like makeup. If I use liner and mascara I wind up with raccoon eyes. Kind of embarrassing. So I stick to a little lipstick and maybe a little powder. Now ask me my skin care regimen, and that's a whole different scene. I don't leave the house until I have about 6 different serums, moisturizers and creams in my face. :lol:
20151121_144730_kindlephoto-83970062_0.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @doberman , although she looks like a real beauty and I don't!:lol-2: I let my hair go natural which is salt and pepper. I no longer wear makeup when I leave the house, unless I'm going somewhere for a function. Skincare is where it's at now.:cool2:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will also say given my make up free and light make up photos, I am a skincare NUT. It makes a WORLD of difference! I started when I turned 30 and my skin is better now than it was at 25.

Reactions: AV_

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look the same all the time. At 57, you either look good or you don't, and it depends on life circumstances and habits more than makeup. I don't like makeup. If I use liner and mascara I wind up with raccoon eyes. Kind of embarrassing. So I stick to a little lipstick and maybe a little powder. Now ask me my skin care regimen, and that's a whole different scene. I don't leave the house until I have about 6 different serums, moisturizers and creams in my face. :lol:
20151121_144730_kindlephoto-83970062_0.jpg

GOALS!!!!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is makeup? :P2 I only wear makeup if I am going out to an event/show or a really nice date night with the hubs

baby whined until I picked her up, then she stole my pizza crust

5DF68AE1-6E2C-4F2A-99CC-A0CA5918274E.jpeg

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is makeup? :P2 I only wear makeup if I am going out to an event/show or a really nice date night with the hubs

baby whined until I picked her up, then she stole my pizza crust

5DF68AE1-6E2C-4F2A-99CC-A0CA5918274E.jpeg

Adorable!

@Asscherhalo_lover
I had just gotten my hair cut. Look how red my cheeks are from the blow dryer. Good old Irish-English genetics at work..

@lyra
I love your dog avatar. My mother and I started getting gray hairs very late, about 55 or so. She just elected to remain salt and pepper. I cover it up with some well placed balayage lol.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless I have an eye issue (like pinkeye from being around kids), I don't leave the house without at least concealer, powder, mascara and brows.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
BE9CB5C1-C3E4-4D9F-87B5-BC37000BEF2A.jpeg I think the condition/coloring of ones natural complexion plays a huge role on how comfortable one is leaving the house within it makeup. I definitely did not get the English rose complexion at all (unless I drink ). Usually I look kind of yellow and spotty (sun damage) without makeup....oh well, here goes:
My picture without makeup on way to gym, and my makeup when it is fully on:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mostly wear make up because when I don't, I look like a child. I know I know, great problem to have. But I'm a physician and it gets annoying to constantly hear "you're not old enough to be a doctor!". D'oh...

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I mostly wear make up because when I don't, I look like a child. I know I know, great problem to have. But I'm a physician and it gets annoying to constantly hear "you're not old enough to be a doctor!". D'oh...

This is why my DH wears a beard! He is so baby-faced without it...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bare faced 24/7
Not because I'm beautiful but it's a combination of not caring, not knowing how, and laziness. I do have a skincare routine that I put a lot of effort into (study the product ingredients and formulation).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results