shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies (and Gentleman), Help - I need your opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
My first choice would be the garnet - it really stands out in that setting!
Second choice would be the spinel
They''re all really pretty stones, and I love the 3 sided band!!
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Another voice for the garnet, what a great collection you are building Lauren!
I also liike it without the milgrain - was this just a mistake?

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely the garnet! Looks like it just belongs there. I couldn''t take my eyes off it, such a gorgeous colour!
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh I like the garnet and the sapphire! I think you need them ALL in that setting
31.gif

And I LOVE your pave band! Where oh where didya get it?! If you don't mind me asking, of course
41.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone else - go with the garnet - it looks awesome in that setting! I also agree with geckodani that the sapphire & tourmaline kind of get lost because their colors are too delicate. I like the pop of the garnet in that setting.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 10:38:14 PM
Author: Kelli
The garnet is my first choice, then the zircon. Not to thread jack, but John from gemrite said ours were the same color (I asked when I couldn''t decide). Do you think it would look good in rose gold? I can''t afford a blingy setting right now, not even from LOGR, but I found some super cheap settings that will work on ebay. I can choose white gold, rose, or even cheaper, 10k yellow. What do you think, considering you obviously have a great eye for this stuff and you have a stone the exact same color as mine. Again, sorry for the thread jack, and I say go for the garnet!
Kelli, I think it would look great with rose gold! The photos do nothing for the garnet, it''s just gorgeous in person!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 9:48:55 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Oooooh I like the garnet and the sapphire! I think you need them ALL in that setting
31.gif

And I LOVE your pave band! Where oh where didya get it?! If you don''t mind me asking, of course
41.gif
Thanks, Andi - this, too, is a LOGR band! I had asked him to add the pave eternity band to my last purchase, and I actually meant the domed pave, but now that I have the 3-sided with the miligrain, I love it, too!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 10:41:35 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 9/29/2008 10:38:14 PM
Author: Kelli
The garnet is my first choice, then the zircon. Not to thread jack, but John from gemrite said ours were the same color (I asked when I couldn''t decide). Do you think it would look good in rose gold? I can''t afford a blingy setting right now, not even from LOGR, but I found some super cheap settings that will work on ebay. I can choose white gold, rose, or even cheaper, 10k yellow. What do you think, considering you obviously have a great eye for this stuff and you have a stone the exact same color as mine. Again, sorry for the thread jack, and I say go for the garnet!
Kelli, I think it would look great with rose gold! The photos do nothing for the garnet, it''s just gorgeous in person!
Thanks Lauren! I think I''m gonna go for it.
1.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the garnet or zircon... probably the garnet though because I like what someone mentioned about the holidays coming up. Or the sapphire if you celebrate Hanukkah.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the garnet looks regal in that setting. Is it as red as it is pictured? I also love the purple spinel, but that''s because I love purple stones.

That setting is gorgeous. You could put a moon rock in there, and it would look great (LOL!).

BTW, I take it that you like cushions.
2.gif

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 8:15:22 PM
Author: geckodani
You know I have total jealous lust, right?
9.gif
2.gif
Your collection just makes me drool.

Seriously, my first choice for the setting would be the garnet - the red just POPS out to say hello!

Ditto!

What''s wrong with you? Why do you keep posting pictures of beautiful stones making people fill with desire? but... please keep them coming..
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I dropped off the setting and GARNET today to be set! Hopefully it will be done by Saturday!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Can''t wait to see it!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
THat''s so exciting! I love the garnet in that setting - I seriously can''t wait until it''s set and you can show us!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 10:13:56 PM
Well, I dropped off the setting and GARNET today to be set! Hopefully it will be done by Saturday!

Ooooh can''t wait to see! yay!
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to be the lone voice and say Spinel but have just seen you''ve gone with the Garnet!!!

I can''t wait to see the finished result as all of your gemstones looked lovely in the setting!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 10:13:56 PM

OH I am in jewel envy! What a beautiful gemmie collection you have. The garnet was the RIGHT choice indeed.......but I was really surprised that no one said the pink tourmaline!
3.gif
That was my SECOND choice!!! I can''t wait to see this done!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results