shape
carat
color
clarity

Lack of sparkle ?

Ashley-Sarah

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond from a reputable vendor here on pricescope. I know the price was very low but figured I would take a look at it. Would anyone be able to take a look at the GIA report (1179364755) and tell me what you think. I honestly thought the stone would not be eye clean but the sparkle factor would be there because of the excellent cut. It seems to be the opposite. According to the vendor the clouds was not a grade setting issue. It seems a bit lack luster to me. Thoughts please

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, that thing has a horrible feather and a very long list of other inclusions. Send it back.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashley-Sarah|1423793157|3831654 said:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.60-carat-k-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-368375
I hope this link works.
If you don't love it just exchange for another stone.. ;))

Ashley-Sarah

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the quick reply. It will be on its way back tomorrow. I wanted a 1.3 to a 1.5 stone with a rather small budget. I wasn't sure what I was willing to give up. I can take some inclusions but the sparkle factor it what I want the most. Thanks again

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, send it back. The stone looks dirty with it being clean, not a good sign.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll enjoy a beautiful but smaller diamond much more than this one. Maybe you could consider buying from a vendor with a good upgrade policy and go smaller now and upgrade in a couple of years?

Ashley-Sarah

Rough_Rock
I have been thinking that also. Which vendor do you think has the best upgrade option.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might need to go for a higher colour as well as a smaller cleaner stone.

palmersj

Rough_Rock
Understand wanting a 1.3- 1.5 ct range, but what other factors are in your decision? dollar range, anything else, etc?
Also use the hca tool and make sure the result is <2.
Pictures of actual stones along with good return/upgrade policies are a must.

Ashley-Sarah

Rough_Rock
I am definitely going to take everyone's advise and get a quality smaller stone which I will upgrade later on. Which vendor would you use knowing you would be upgrading. Thanks.

houserabbitz

Rough_Rock
Good Old Gold has a super upgrade policy.

Ashley-Sarah

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction. I am working with David from Good Old Gold. He has already sent me a few stones to consider. My budget is 6000-6500 I think I can get a nice 1 ct with my budget. Although I would like it a little bit bigger stone 1.25 range for now then upgrade in a few years. Thanks again for the help

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results